he just got arrested

Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

he just got arrested

xah showed up in my office bout 1 hour ago...drunk....started crying, begging, wanting to come home. i told him no. then he became beligerent....verbally abusive.....very angry....threatening. i called police. he calmed right down, for just a few moments.

then it started again. he started throwing things at me. put him in handcuffs and took him away.

then the deputy comes in and says.....can he leave his truck here, or do you want it towed??

tow it, i say. they look at me like i've got horns and a tail. can't enable him by extending courtesies, i say. they look at me again like i'm an alien.

can his brother come and get the truck?...they ask. sure. go ahead.

he throws another big ole tantrum....the police say....tow it!!!!!!

amazing how suddenly the police were offended at his actions.

maybe it will end now.

jeri
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow... My goodness, Jeri.. Sorry you had to deal with that. But FWIW I think you handled it very well. (hugs)
Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Wow is right.
Im glad your ok. You know it seems they never change or learn, and when they do it's too late.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

now i'm wondering if i did the right thing about having his truck towed?????
Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

having the truck towed makes sense to me, If you had left it there it would just be an opportunity for the same situation to repeat when he came to pick it up/ More importantly, dont waste the energy second guessing yourself, you did nothing to cause this confrontation, It is, I feel, a good idea to avoid situations where it could escalate
Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

(Jeri))
I think you handled it just right and YOU did not have his truck towed... first of all, he did and secondly- the police made the final decision. Remember that the consequences are his. This could be the best thing for him right now, safe and off the streets.
I am so sorry he came to where you work and created such a scene, will there be any problems for you due to his popping in like that? I hope not.
You take care.... you are doing great!
hugs,
cmc
Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

jeri,
you did the right thing.

you are in no way responsible for his truck, or for cushioning him from the consequences of his actions. You are no longer involved with him and his problems.

I'm sorry you had this trouble today, but look at it as a test that you mastered, as you now graduate into the lfe that you always wanted. you didnt allow it to become an even more long and drawn out drama, and you see him for what quality of behaviour and what sort energy he will surely bring to your life. And you no longer need it to grow. You got the lessons and are free to move on to the next ones, which will be of a different nature.

good job!! well done!!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face No 2nd guessing!

But you didn't, you said it was ok for the brother to pick it up, the cops said tow it, and they only knew him for wht, about an hour. I think you did great.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Jeri, you did awesome!! Good job, hon. You should be so proud of yourself.
You didn't have the truck towed, the cops did and he knows it. Even tho it shouldn't matter, I know why you had that second thought. Programming from years of worrying about their reactions. Get it the he-- out of there, so he has absolutely NO reason to come and get it. Feel free! Feel joy! Feel Pride! Feel wonderful! Be strong and keep Focused! Sleep well knowing you did a good job. What brought him back to bug you anyway?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

this incident won't cause any probs at my work.....thank goodness.

it hurts so badly to see him like this. for an instant, i just wanted to take him into my apt., tuck him in bed and tell him everything would be ok.

but i knew better.

let's all remember all of our lost ones out there tonight when we say our meditations or prayers.

therefore but the grace of god, go i.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

mazey....i don't know why he came here....who knows....he probably was out of options as far as money, or a place to stay. i really don't know why. he is living with another woman that he ran away with from the last half way house he was in.

so who knows??

thanks so much for all your encouraging words....everyone....i feel so safe here. in fact, i was on line reading others posts when he walked into my office. and the accusations started flying.....was having cyber sex, dont cha know???? did you all know that we are having cyber-sex????
Old 12-05-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

we are having cyber sex here? And here I thought I was living a solitary life.
hmmm, my postings all seem to end in less then a minute..oops, well, was it good for you?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jeri I am so sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine how much this must hurt. You did the right thing, and when the police saw his behavior and decided to tow his truck they validated you. Have a big and know that I am praying for you.

Mike
Old 12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have been acutely aware how important our prayers are. I often think that it hurts so bad to do what is right when it feels like it's going to kill you. As we must stand back and let it be, I can only imagine how God hurts. Free Will isn't everything its cracked up to be. It's a right we clong to and cherish and the only thing standing between an alcoholic and sobriety. I'm so sorry this happened, so sorry for the way it made you feel. I am sort of glad he acted out, maybe it will help you feel better. The holidays are coming and if they are home they are drinking and ruining holidays. If they are not at home, they are trying to get back in, ripping at the heartstrings. The practical steps to recovery are one thing, the trama to the soul in walking it out are like knives being jabbed into your soul. I hope you feel a rush of peace.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

lol...kentq.....thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!

(think i'll have a cigarette now.)
Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Cyber sex? , Well ok, let me find my cyber...
Old 12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

LOL, Does even cyber sex call for a cig? Guess sex is sex!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

seems insane doesn't it....here i was on a recovery forum....and he calls the shot of CYBER-SEX!!!!! well, i want a cyber refund........
Old 12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh lets face it, this is about as close to sex as any of us are going to get. Let's put it this way, no one has to leave because they have a hot date.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Don't second guess yourself, you did the right thing.

Leaving the vehicle at your office would just give him an excuse to come back.

My ex-abf abandoned his car at my house, I use it for storage. I am going to have it towed, I have time, he is in prison for a year.

You did the right thing,

Dolly