he just got arrested

Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

You did great, Your recovery is showing big time. Whew u blow me away!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
this incident won't cause any probs at my work.....thank goodness.

it hurts so badly to see him like this. for an instant, i just wanted to take him into my apt., tuck him in bed and tell him everything would be ok.

but i knew better.

let's all remember all of our lost ones out there tonight when we say our meditations or prayers.

therefore but the grace of god, go i.

For me this is very relevant and poignant. my aw was barely a social drinker for the first 5 years we were married, then all hell broke loose. "lost ones" is a great term. Some in recovery have likened alcoholism to demonic posession, seems about right to me. The police no doubt have had the pleasure of experiencing beligerant drunks before. Guess they give them the benefit of the doubt, but when they get nasty, even that evaporates. in our case, a trustworthy man in blue, assigned to the night patrol to watch bar patrons leaving, preyed on my aw, promising her the world, the moon, stars above, never ending love, but somehow amazingly ommitted telling her he is married. my aw did indeed ask, and was told divorced. true, but long since remarried. i assume this man in blue has since moved on to fresher alcoholic and drug addicted nightclub ladies.

you did the right thing
Old 12-06-2006, 05:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yes absolutely you did the right thing. Why can't he experience the consequences of his stupid actions?

now i'm wondering if i did the right thing about having his truck towed?????
Old 12-06-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

He really decided how the truck would be removed, not you. If he'd have shut up, his brother could have come and gotten it. Alcoholics think they have a right to drink and act any way they want. They aren't intimidating, they are tolerated. Life will not be on their terms. I bet your ex would have been the first to vocie disgust with anyone else who came into your work place and acted like that.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

You did SO GOOD! It cheers me to read this!

But also relate to the sadness of it. How they block off the affectionate love because we have to learn to be tough.

As for the cyber sex, I'm so relieved to find out I'm having sex again! Thank you! It's been so long I'd forgotten what it was like...so this is it? Ok...hmmm, a little strange, not what I used to know as sex but...I guess it will do in a pinch, hah!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You did the right thing. You may have even saved a life by not letting a drunk drive. Kudos!!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

it hurts so badly to see him like this. for an instant, i just wanted to take him into my apt., tuck him in bed and tell him everything would be ok.

but i knew better.
This says a lot about you and how strong you are.

My prayers for you both, and for everyone struggling with and affected by this g-damn disease of addiction.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

OMG OMG OMG Jeri thank GOD you are ok. OMG. I am so glad you are ok. that sick man. How he could do this? I know how but oHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. GRRRRRRR. Good for you TOW. That was the way to go. I think that he really violated your personal safe space thank god you were able to get police. will he get out? how will you be kept safe? I do not like this. I hope you are ok. So sorry for the late post. Cyber-sex ?? Was that projection??? love you irsh
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you had to endure this. The funny thing is those policeman had no clue what they were dealing with at first, did they?????
Towing his truck was an excellent idea , too.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

We're having cyber sex here oh I thought I was celibate.

I don't smoke thanks.

Ngaire

lol...kentq.....thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!

(think i'll have a cigarette now.)
Old 12-06-2006, 11:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Im so sorry your dealing with this.

Good question though, will they keep him awhile or will he get out soon. Is there a chance he will be angry enough to do something stupid???

Sorry I have to pass on the cyber sex, its a trigger to smoke and I dont have enough clean time as yet.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hahahahahahaha I was just thinking of him accusing you of having cyber sex...........god the things they come up with.

Ngaire
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Royalty

Originally Posted by Acushla View Post
As for the cyber sex, I'm so relieved to find out I'm having sex again! Thank you!
LOL That was my thought too!

Jeri, have you thought about a restraining order? Or maybe you already have one?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

you know, i did a lot of laughing last night during this episode.

i just couldn't help it. the bs spewing from his mouth was all so nonsense. i used to try to defend everything he spouted out.

i know laughing was inappropriate, but god, i couldn't help it. i've been away from it since last march, and seeing it now looks so ludicrous.

it was one of those moments like when we were in school, and got the giggles and you just couldn't shut up????? trying to snorfff it all down, and a big ole weird soundin snort comes outta your nose, like your doing a whale call or something....then that just makes you giggle even more hysterically????

he tried to get physically agressive with me, and i stood up outta my desk chair like a grizzly bear and said, while i was pointing my hand at him.....THIS IS MY HOME, AND NEVER AGAIN WILL I ALLOW MYSELF TO BE TREATED DISRESPECTFULLY.

all the time he was trying to wrestle the phone away from me.....and he took one look in my face.....i was determined......and he said....damn, yer scarin me. i said, you should be very afraid.......i have my power back. you will no longer terrorize me in any way, shape, or form. now stand back, while i call the police.

at the time i felt invincible. like some super power had me covered, and if i had to, i could have wrestled him down and tied him up with the phone cord tll the police made it here.

i was not afraid!!!!!!!!!!! the fear was gone!!!!!!!!! it was just pity that i felt. and super alert senses trying to stay safe......just in case.

jeri

ngaire.....can ya believe that cyber thingy????? good grief!!! insanity, at it's best.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Your higher power was giving you the strength to do what you did. Good going.

And yes I can believe what he said about cyber sex because they are just so out of it and irrational. And it's pretty comical.

Ngaire
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

They know us better than we know ourselves. You must have a lover because YOU would never make these changes for yourself. There must be some guy you've move on to.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I think CMC said it best...you did not have his truck towed. The police didn't have his truck towed. He did. Plain and simple. When you put yourself in situations where other people have the ability to call the shot of whether your truck is towed or not, it is ultimately your fault.
Sounds like you did good, Jeri.
TG
Old 12-06-2006, 06:17 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acushla View Post
You did SO GOOD! It cheers me to read this!

But also relate to the sadness of it. How they block off the affectionate love because we have to learn to be tough.

As for the cyber sex, I'm so relieved to find out I'm having sex again! Thank you! It's been so long I'd forgotten what it was like...so this is it? Ok...hmmm, a little strange, not what I used to know as sex but...I guess it will do in a pinch, hah!

I agree on ALL points!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Your HP was certainly there. Sometimes, I believe his intervention is so powerful. Only, with his strength can we do what we do some days, in all aspects of life, Glad you are okay, and hope that continues.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

If we're having cybersex, may I ask a question?

Is it in yet?