Desperately need prayers

Old 10-11-2006, 07:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Gelfing

I am just now reading this post, I am sending hugs and prayers your way.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

They sent him home last night. He's very restricted...They've ruled out strokes and brain tumors which we're excited about. They did find something on his brain but are puzzled about it. He's got a new anti-seizure meds and we're hoping it will help. No driving, no working. Very strict heart diet...which I think is insane because they said they've never found anyone his age 54 in such good health and a strong heart...but we are following their directions. And no caffeine. That hurts him a lot. Coffee and chocolate are favs.

But the best thing is that he's quit smoking 5 days today. I've been bugging him for a couple of years for us to quit and he beat me to it. Damned proud of him, I am. Needless to say that puts the pressure on me to quit and it's been tough now screaming and wanting to beat my head against a wall. Still sneaking smokes when I can, but contacting my internist for assistance.

As of now, 5:30pm, he's had 6 episodes...or seizures as the neurologist refers to them. We document everything. We're a little wiser as to what is not wrong, but sure would like to know what is going on. He worries constantly. And I worry because he worries.

Now, it's a waiting game. We are disappointed they couldn't tell us anything, but we're going on the "no news is good news" theory.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. Blessings and love to everyone. Kathy
Old 10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

geez how puzzling and frustrating but you're right no news is good news. Hang in there Gelfling and try to push the negative thoughts right out of your head when they sneak in.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

We're here for you Kathy. Praying for you guys every day. I understand about the worrying, it can really make you crazy.

Mike
Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

((kATHY))
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update..... Try not to worry hon (like Im not a worry wart) it wont help.

I hope they figure it out soon though... weird. Still in my prayers
Old 10-12-2006, 10:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

(((Kathy))) (((Bill)))

Thanks for the update. Glad that a few (bad!) things have been ruled out. Long,frustrating process it can be (BTDT with my son,turned out to be a heart problem and when I had what turned out to be a blood parasite...who would have thunk it?) Discouraging and tiring on top of it all, I am sure.

Hope you can get a little more rest.

Glad to hear about him stopping the smoking. I've done that,too. Actually is a lot like them and the drinking. The only thing I found to work for me was to stop completely and "go to any lengths" not to pick up. Gets easier after the first few days (and then I had a "streak" that I didn't want to snap!) I did light a cigarette for my brother after I stopped the first time....yes;that was enough to kick the craving up into high gear and I smoked another six months before I decided to quit,and then did.

Good luck with all of this!

(Treat yourself with something nice when you save all your butt money...save it for yourself everyday you would buy a pack....I think you will be surprised at the nice present you will be able to buy!) JMO