Desperately need prayers

Old 10-07-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hi peeps...I am going to cheat, cut and copy another response where I psoted. Mike--They didn't do the MRI today. They couldn't get it scheduled, but did other tests. MRI will be sometime Monday.

I love you guys!!! And yes, I do need that love now and gladly accept it. Thank you.

I just got home from the hospital. There is still no news and they're doing more tests. They did an angio.....on his head today using a dye and something else. They've done so many tests, I've forgotten all the names of them.

A neurologist came in to see him today and has another bunch of tests he wants to do, along with an MRI, but they will have to wait until Monday. There is also a special test for his heart that he wants to run that can detect microscopic holes, so he going to do that also. He told Bill not to plan on getting released until Tuesday, the soonest. And they will not release him until they can diagnose him. He's been forbidden to drive...a verbal command because if he puts it in his medical record, the state of PA (where we live, though hospitalized in MD) will suspend his license for 6 months. And because of the type of work he does, he can't return to work and the doctor said he should think of finding another line of work becauase of the high stress levels..and also because the company he works for are a real bunch of pigs and treat him like dirt because he's not an ass kisser. That's going to be a toughie...he's a few months short of 55. There was talk of seizures, still more talk about stroke and the confirmation he did have 5 small ones.

He's looking good today and in much better spirits. He's only gotten out of bed to use the bathroom and to bathe. So, there's not been much opportunity to see if the episode would happen again if he was more active. Seems each time he had the episode, he was doing something.

However, the doctor did not rule out high stress. The only thing that's got them questioning that is it always occurs on his left side and his speech becomes slurred.

So we wait and we pray. Something our son and I talked about last night helped me to turn it over to a higher power...a toughie...we chose this hospital which is 40 miles away because of it's reputation. We got there, they took Bill right back, started running tests, and were able to run tests that would have taken days notice and the availability of the doctors--cardiologist, radiologist, neurologist, our internist and ER doc. No waiting at all. A miracle in itself. We feel that things are going to continue going smoothly because everything else started out that way.

That doesn't say I'm not worried or scared. I am physically ill (strongly suspect I now have diverticulitis/bacterial infection) and exhausted. He'd been home for 2 months because he had 2 hernias repaired. He had just gone back to work this past Monday. And money was a gigantic issue during those 2 months. At this point, I won't even go there. I can't. His health means more to me than making the house payment.

All your good wishes and prayers make my heart glad. And it's offered me the opportunity to have a good cry which I haven't given myself the luxury of doing. My son's been a rock. Will be 22 months sober on the 20th. I really and truly don't know what I would have done without him.

Thanks again...I'm out of words and thoughts...xoxox
Old 10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((gelfling))) sounds like so far,so good...I am glad! I am also happy to hear about your son and that he is there with you;that must be a comfort.

Just wanted to let you know that you know that I haven't forgotten about you. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you, sorry they need to do more tests to solve it all, but sounds like you took him to an excellent place. (( BIG HUGS to ALL))
Old 10-07-2006, 04:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your story. You nned to take care of your self too. You both are in my prayers
Old 10-07-2006, 05:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I will pray for you and Bill.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You and your family are definitely in my daily prayers.

Gelfing please check with the company that holds your mortgage. Most mortgage payments include a small amount for insurance that covers situations like yours.

As long as you have the proof of his being out of work from the hernia operations and now this, it may be covered. Also on any charge accounts in his and your names.

This is something most people don't realize, but parts of their payments are going to cover insurance on the account.

Hope the info helps...............

Love and hugs,
Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sending good thoughts in your and Bill's direction.

Marte
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

There are so many things to embrace about this situation that may not be obvious. Thank God he is in the best place to be diagnosed and treated. Change is hard for a man of this age. How long have you been praying for things to change, things that didn't change. Sometimes prayers are answered in ways we didn't consider. We are all at home praying something would change, that there would be some intervention on our behalf. I think that is what is happening to you. It sounds like God is creating a wind of change in your lives. A change of jobs that won't be your husband decision, the heat is off him to change his job. He has to. Suddenly it isn't stupid to quit this stressful job, it is the smart thing to do. Serious health issues are an awakening. With all the new fangled equipment to diagnose and treat these vascular problems, the news could very well be good. Something could be very wrong but could be fixed 100% with a procedure or surgery, maybe even medicine. No matter what it looks like right now, God knows the outcome. This could truely be a blessing in disguise.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

More prayers coming going out to you and Bill. My father had a series of TIA's (small strokes), but he recovered quickly and fully. Hopefully, your husband will do equally as well.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and wanting the best for you both! ((hugs))
Old 10-08-2006, 03:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

We do have mortgage insurance, but he's got to be off 60 days before it goes into effect. We thought it would pay the whole mortgage, but our mortgage co. sold it off to another insurance company and the amount they pay is $150.00 less. Better than nothing. We did use it for the 2 months he was off recovering from the hernia surgery. But I know that it will have to start over again because there is a different diagnosis. Thanks for the other ideas...I never even considered the possibility there might be other insurance.
We are all at home praying something would change, that there would be some intervention on our behalf. I think that is what is happening to you.
We've come to accept this. A decision he felt he couldn't make in good conscience because of finances. It's been made for him. And it will work itself out. This is destiny.

The neurologist put him on anti-seizure meds last night. He had a small episode this morning...fortunately as intense as the others, but he's having headaches, which he normally doesn't have.

Lots of testing tomorrrow and hopefully, answers.

You are all in my prayers. Thank you so much.

Blessings, Kathy
Old 10-08-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Prayers coming hun.....(((((((hugs))))))))

Janit
Old 10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

God bless you and him and all your loved ones.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs for you and Bill.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey sweetie.... how did the tests go?

Still here and you and yours are still in my prayers.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh, Kathy, I just read this post. I'm sorry I had not replied...you are always so good to me, so I certainly want to let you know you are in my prayers too. What a neat family we have here...thoughts and prayers from around the world. Keep us posted. -- M
Old 10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sending more prayers out tonight for you and your husband, Kathy.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, ((Hugs))
Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sending more prayers out to you and Bill tonight, Kathy.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(((Bill))) (((Kathy)))