The Battle Isn't Yours To Fight

Old 11-19-2023, 12:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh, you are not alone. My son gets released from prison in 3 weeks. He'll be back to homeless accommodation, and drug treatment order. Been here so many times.
God forgive me, but I was hoping he would be sentenced longer, but nope! I have no expectations at all,and pusging it to the back of my mind.
Sending Love
Bute x
Old 11-19-2023, 03:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Torn and Jade - I'm sorry for all of us being in a club we never signed up for - you are not alone. But I know how alone it feels. Unless someone has lived this, a person cannot possibly comprehend the agony of the ambiguity of being the parent of an addict. The constant push/pull of wanting it to be over at any cost vs. the hope of your child recovering one day; wanting a decent parent/child relationship but knowing that as long as addiction drives the bus, it can't/won't/shouldn't happen.

I moved to a new area 2 years ago and when I meet new people, I don't even mention that I have a son. How do I explain his absence from my life, his inability to live a productive life? How do I tell people that his residence is either a shelter, a hospital, a rehab or some unsuspecting female's apartment?

Bute - I can understand your wishing for a longer sentence. At least you knew where he was and that he had food and shelter. I hope this time around is different for him and for you. It's soul-crushing to live without hope.

Take good care of yourselves.
Old 11-20-2023, 09:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you BellaBlue.
Sadly, I don't think change will be any time soon and his obnoxious attitude remains. He has a stinking attitude!
He expects everyone else to sort out his life.
I truly cannot be bothered with it all. He can whistle dixie.
Keep the faith ladies.
Much Love
Bute x
Old 11-28-2023, 03:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My heart is with all of you. It's been 5 years since I have seen my 32 year old son. I am at a point now where I do feel grateful to have been his mother when he was growing up...he was a wonderful boy, and I wouldn't trade those years. Now, I also feel like I have no son...so much time has gone by living without him in my life. What can you say about why? I ran into someone who knew him in high school, and I just couldn't tell her where we are now.
Sending you all love and peace, especially as the holiday season is upon us. May we all enjoy our loved ones that we have the good fortune and pleasure to be surrounded by.