Authenticity VI

Old 07-17-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Rob - you have been so generous with your time, so please take the time you need for YOURSELF! You have to conserve your energy too. I totally get it. Good luck with that book!

I still want an autographed copy
Old 07-17-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 07-17-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

You go, Robby!

(I'm not saying, "Leave, Robby"--it's an expression of enthusiastic support! )
Old 07-17-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been amazed at the time and care you've given to others here in this thread Rob - amazed but not surprised, as you've always been this way.

I'm glad you're thinking of yourself tho and the goals you want to achieve.

We'll all be here
Good luck with the book

D
Old 07-17-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so pleased to read that too, Brynn - awesome!

D
Old 07-17-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I think I have been mentally preparing for this for a little bit. I have all the threads saved so I can get my fix whenever I really need it. I am so very fond of you all. Each of you have helped me grow. Thank you for that.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hi Friends.

Back to Ottawa today driving in the rain which is awesome. We can't wait to see David and Lucy we miss them! There's no place like home.

Working with the various contractors here getting our place ready for sale has been successful. Our chimney here needs extensive repair in order to pass inspection for sale. The house is 57 years old ranch style, and while the flues to the 2 fireplaces are fine, the underground flue to the oil burner has collapsed. The technician got his sweep stuck in the lower flue, lol. So anyways we're going to throw money at it, get it properly repaired and off our backs. Under 5k and we'll be lucky. Its a nice enough home. When we bought it back in 2011 we planned on having the entire home rebuilt. Then we went and bought the Ottawa property instead of doing the rebuild here. No worries, its all in the cost of doing business when selling and buying and we knew about the work required 4 years ago.

It's amazing when working with others just how far a meaningful smile and a kind word helps relax situations and everybody feels important. One of the contractors expressed an interest in starting a friendship. This then had me in the position of mentioning my cancer and how that would play out. I really didn't want to disappoint but better to talk about now then have him wonder why I won't be friendly to him because obviously we were getting long like old friends already.

So we talked about life and death and came to the same place: how a person dies speaks to how a person has lived. You know, I feel grateful like I've never felt grateful for the many opportunities to make new friends and so on and whatever. Ironically, the close to my end times the more life I'm living in a shorter span. My internalized clock is running slower as things around me speed up. Relativity comes to mind.

Guys. Thanks for being so understanding and even cheering me on with my not churning out deep posts every other day. I need the break. These Authenticity threads are already a wealth of knowledge of how living the good life (being authentic to one's self and one's dreams) is the living the examined life. A well lived life is a beautiful thing.

So, I'm not dead yet, lol. Needing serious time to contemplate my opportunities is also authentic, and it doesn't mean I won't post, it really means the pressure is off to continue at the pace which the other five threads have enjoyed. Time to slow down and smell the roses a bit more is all.

I love all you guys
Old 07-18-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I think perhaps you are doing this as much for our benefit as you are your own. Much love and respect.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

And we love you right back. Go live my friend.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Do your best

Love you too Robby & i 2nd D's post

Good luck with your book can i reserve a copy please

Thank you
Old 07-18-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Robby,
I totally get it. Because of your huge heart and your unstoppable brain, you've been giving so much to us for so long. I thank you for that. Do what you have to do for yourself.
Love ya much,
Puffy
Old 07-18-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Wow. Way to abandon us, ********! And I thought I selfish. Damn. ... ...

Moo Mwah always Robby, I still gonna play with you, till the end, yes?
Old 07-18-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I am sure I will get another chance to say this (just in case I don't)... Thank you.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Leave it to Cow to pop in with just the right words. (((((Cow))))

Robby, you have a very devoted group of friends, we all have learned from you and are grateful for your generous sharing.

Maybe it's time you need to laugh a bit? I've always coped with humor and sometimes outright silliness. I hope when I go, it will be to sound of laughter. And that's how I hope I will be remembered. Grief is so multi layered, I've found.

What did the fish say when it swam into the wall? Dam.

Love from Lenina
Old 07-18-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I will read your book for sure, Rob Good luck! Completely understandable that you'd want to devote more time to writing it.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Wow. Way to abandon us, ********! And I thought I selfish. Damn. ... ...

Moo Mwah always Robby, I still gonna play with you, till the end, yes?

I know!!... ... I thought you were totally selfish too... ... But, considering my recent behaviors I'm in a league all my own, yeah!!?

Yup (((COW))) Till the very end, my good friend. As always. And so, how are you? I'm asking because its unselfish to ask is all, lol. Love Robby.

P.S.
At least we're not acting like feral smart aleck kids shouting at each other "Are we there yet??!" with ironic (or is it iconic?) smiles glued to our faces.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Maybe it's time you need to laugh a bit? What did the fish say when it swam into the wall? Dam.
Time to laugh? Yup, I think the laughing started decades and decades ago already. You can't hear me laughing? lol.

Dam. Too funny.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Such wise and wonderful people here full of love and support for Robby and Melissa.

I'm glad you two are doing what is right for you.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Yup (((COW))) Till the very end, my good friend. As always. And so, how are you? I'm asking because its unselfish to ask is all, lol. Love Robby.
I fine. I saying that because is unselfish to give cursory polite answer to this question.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
P.S.
At least we're not acting like feral smart aleck kids shouting at each other "Are we there yet??!" with ironic (or is it iconic?) smiles glued to our faces..
You know, thing is, we all THERE. We all right behind you. You maybe in front seat of bus, but we all on the bus with you. For me, this has always give me solace, to know, that in what is really blink of eye in grand scheme of things, we all headed to same place. ...Of course, I be downstairs in moldly basement that smell of cat pee, and you be upstairs in star lit palace with gold toilets and a cherub butler name Chubs.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I am loving the laughter!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy