Thread: Authenticity VI
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hi Friends.

Back to Ottawa today driving in the rain which is awesome. We can't wait to see David and Lucy we miss them! There's no place like home.

Working with the various contractors here getting our place ready for sale has been successful. Our chimney here needs extensive repair in order to pass inspection for sale. The house is 57 years old ranch style, and while the flues to the 2 fireplaces are fine, the underground flue to the oil burner has collapsed. The technician got his sweep stuck in the lower flue, lol. So anyways we're going to throw money at it, get it properly repaired and off our backs. Under 5k and we'll be lucky. Its a nice enough home. When we bought it back in 2011 we planned on having the entire home rebuilt. Then we went and bought the Ottawa property instead of doing the rebuild here. No worries, its all in the cost of doing business when selling and buying and we knew about the work required 4 years ago.

It's amazing when working with others just how far a meaningful smile and a kind word helps relax situations and everybody feels important. One of the contractors expressed an interest in starting a friendship. This then had me in the position of mentioning my cancer and how that would play out. I really didn't want to disappoint but better to talk about now then have him wonder why I won't be friendly to him because obviously we were getting long like old friends already.

So we talked about life and death and came to the same place: how a person dies speaks to how a person has lived. You know, I feel grateful like I've never felt grateful for the many opportunities to make new friends and so on and whatever. Ironically, the close to my end times the more life I'm living in a shorter span. My internalized clock is running slower as things around me speed up. Relativity comes to mind.

Guys. Thanks for being so understanding and even cheering me on with my not churning out deep posts every other day. I need the break. These Authenticity threads are already a wealth of knowledge of how living the good life (being authentic to one's self and one's dreams) is the living the examined life. A well lived life is a beautiful thing.

So, I'm not dead yet, lol. Needing serious time to contemplate my opportunities is also authentic, and it doesn't mean I won't post, it really means the pressure is off to continue at the pace which the other five threads have enjoyed. Time to slow down and smell the roses a bit more is all.

I love all you guys