Authenticity II

Old 04-29-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Della:

I'm not at all an eloquent person when it comes to expressing myself emotionally, but I'm dreadfully sorry, Robby and Melissa.

I'm glad this thread exists.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that death is the end for us. I believe that something more breathtaking than earth is in our future.

That said, I know that you guys will make the most out of every single minute you have left.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
You think you have issues I just broke the yolk in my fried egg! Much love and hope you got some rest
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Thank you!! I needed a good life, er, laugh!!
You made my morning, lol.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hi mirage and welcome to this thread! Glad to hear you share.
Thank you for the support and hugs!

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Hey Robby..you don't know me, I read more than I post but I've been around and reading your wise words for 5 years. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry and I'm thinking about you. You touch more people than you realize! Big hugs to you.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, Robby -- I wondered a minute about the "good" but I know you'll find many things good in the day no matter what.

I'm just visiting. All is well here -- my friend's down from Mt Everest, looking for a beer. First time I've ever been grateful that someone else was drinking LOL.

You are an inspiration in so many ways. I went to SK Cancer Center yesterday -- there's nothing particularly wrong w/me (except the obvious, I'm a crazy drunk) but they think certain parts of me are just so darn pretty that they can't image them enough LOL! (Sometimes they like to remove bits, teaspoon by teaspoon, so they can look even closer.)

Anyway, I thought of you. And smiled, and thanked people, and held the elevator doors. It was a better experience for me and I hope just a tiny bit for others because of you, and from now on, when I'm a patient or a visitor, I'll always have thoughts of you with me.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Robby, there is something very wrong with the world today . . . . .
Old 04-29-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Rob - words fail me at the moment. I am just now going thru this thread (I usually hangout in the Newcomers section). Your love and compassion are so evident in your thoughtful posts. You are a shining beacon in our world on SR. I haven't been on the site as long as some others, but there are certain people you know are just very special. You are one of those people.

It saddens me very much to hear your news. I wish I could offer you more. Suffice to say that you have made a difference in many people's lives and in that way death is cheated. Big hugs to you and Melissa. God bless.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I know there's not exactly prime time science in this vid, but I loved it. The music was nice and I like the imagery. Also, I like the spiral dance of it all.

http://youtu.be/0jHsq36_NTU

Love from Lenina

PS. We are stardust
Old 04-29-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Good morning, Robby. You and your wife, Melissa, are on my mind this morning Sending many good vibes your way.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...91665533,d.cGU

Rob,
you asked to post or not what comes to us from your yesterday's tough sharing.
that's what came to me. that poem.
because you're not a visitor. always a participant. fully immersed. fully alive. authentic. as this thread.
and this came to me, of course: thank you. you've helped me. you make a difference.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Awesome video, Lenina! I feel dizzier than usual after watching it! Ha!

Just popping in to say hi! I'm so glad to hear your getting some relief, Rob.
As always, you're in my thoughts and prayers....and yes, this thread is about as authentic as it gets.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Good morning, Robby -- I wondered a minute about the "good" but I know you'll find many things good in the day no matter what.
Yeah. This daily attitude for lemonade floats my boat. Awesome.

Originally Posted by courage
I'm just visiting. All is well here -- my friend's down from Mt Everest, looking for a beer. First time I've ever been grateful that someone else was drinking LOL.
Good to hear your friends are down, safe, and getting back to their lives Good to hear you cared about these friends, and they are safe. Success!!

Originally Posted by courage
You are an inspiration in so many ways. I went to SK Cancer Center yesterday -- there's nothing particularly wrong w/me (except the obvious, I'm a crazy drunk) but they think certain parts of me are just so darn pretty that they can't image them enough LOL! (Sometimes they like to remove bits, teaspoon by teaspoon, so they can look even closer.)

Anyway, I thought of you. And smiled, and thanked people, and held the elevator doors. It was a better experience for me and I hope just a tiny bit for others because of you, and from now on, when I'm a patient or a visitor, I'll always have thoughts of you with me.
Sorry about that teaspoon routine. I'm not liking that.

It is a better experience!! For all involved. And for those who can't contribute, it *may* indicate they are already temporarily surpassed, or they are just feeding crumbs to the collective despair and misery team, or other. We really don't know what goes on in another's head thought by thought. We can recognize patterns in a moments notice, but beyond that, it is a waiting room after all, lol.

Nonetheless, it lightened your burden, and others too. Well worth doing. I'm proud of you friend
Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fini View Post
I don’t want to end up simply having visited this world

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...91665533,d.cGU

Rob,
you asked to post or not what comes to us from your yesterday's tough sharing.
that's what came to me. that poem.
because you're not a visitor. always a participant. fully immersed. fully alive. authentic. as this thread.
and this came to me, of course: thank you. you've helped me. you make a difference.
Much appreciated fini.

I am as you described, and will remain even onto the day of my death. Already, I'm refusing certain pain drugs. Certainly anything which clouds my mind. Fortunate for me, I have always done well with dilaudid. So I'm taking less than proscribed, even in hospital. They are in a bit of a panic, usually they deal with patients the other way around, lol. No matter, I'm the Gatekeeper of my own life, even if they are the caretakers. We'll always come to resolutions. I've already nixed certain risky surgeries which look good on paper, but not so practical in my personal circumstances. As of right now, I've refused the placement of a feeding tube under my inner arm, as it will make impossible the use of my crutches. I haven't come this far in life to start crawling around. They just (as yet) don't have a usual strategy for a one-legged guy, with my lifetime of experience dealing with my health. We'll work something out, no worries.

Anyways, as you can see, I'm already causing my team to think out of the box. They had a lot of say initially, but now that they have classed me as terminal, the focus shifts to positively extending my life, but not simply for life's sake, but for my end days happiness and comfort. If you know me at all, I will leverage my responsibilities to no end, yeah?

Thanks fini, I enjoyed this open conversation.
Same to others here. Thank you.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Robby, there is something very wrong with the world today . . . . .
Yes...

And yet, as you know too, so much rightness and love too.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hello Robby

Something I thought to show you if you don't know it yet: a film I was very, very much into several years ago. It's called The Fountain, by Darren Aronofsky, who is one of my favorite movie directors of all times. Look up online what it is about.

Watching it with the eye of a critic (that I often do with art), one can find many flaws in it, and yet for me somehow it's one of the most beautiful, meaningful, emotionally intense and involving movies I've seen. It carries a very powerful message that pulls together by the end and each time I saw it, it never left me quickly. I'm thinking perhaps something to watch with Melissa once in the privacy of your home if you get there.

Hope your are having one of the easier days today
Old 04-29-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I wish I had a better way with words. Thera so much I want to say. Just know, Melissa and Robby, I'm thinking of you and here for you in anyway you need. You have both done the same for me.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Robby - I just read you're original thread and this one and i've got to admit it's made me feel quite ashamed by the nonsense I call "my problems" so many things easily within my power to solve and yet spend most of my time feeling sorry for myself. Then you read a story of someone who's faced real struggles and prevailed repeatedly and yet life keeps throwing curve balls. It made me cry a little bit in one part.

Sadly I've got no words of wisdom like the clever people here but fight the good fight and even though its cold comfort you've just strengthened this fragile sobriety immeasurably. How could I fail to fight these little piddly problems when you realise what real problems, angst and heartbreak people have faced down and come out of the other side.

I know I'm no one to you but you took the time to talk to me a few days ago and I had no idea what demons you were facing down at the same time. It takes a certain type of person to still seek out a chance to show compassion to strangers during their own dark times.

I'm not very good with words but just wanted you to know that your story, your dignity and your compassion has touched me in a way I never thought a message board would.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Robert, I am so very, very sorry to hear the extent of your health issues and the prognosis. You have always been such a great support to our members and to me, too. Now, I hope that we can give you back some of that support. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way, for you and Melissa.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I think you both are pretty ok with words
Old 04-29-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Robby thinking of you sending love
Old 04-29-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dearest Robby, I'm in awe of the bravery it took to post what's happening - with such honesty and concern for others. Please add my love and appreciation to the outpouring here. Your SR family is in pain.