Authenticity II

Old 04-28-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
learning to live

Robby - your courage and strength is something to admire on many levels.

Continued prayers Robby.

You still got a fight in you. I'm confident of that.

You are so loved here. You bring us so much.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Thanks every single one of you beautiful friends. You're all AWESOME!

I have some stories to tell about the intensity of some select conversations with the medical staff here, and we'll get to those. I'm still catching up on my sleep and last night was my best 4 hrs in almost as many days. Before that on Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights, not so friggin' much on a sliding scale thru the weekend after getting some relief from my Friday night emerge stay. So, I'll be signing off tonight soon enough and catching some required sleep.

I'm comfortable and my physical pains have really dropped off getting that lousy guck out of my lungs! And I'm back on dilaudid injections for all other pains, so I'm likely able to fully and deeply sleep real good tonight! I hope so, lol.

I'm not in despair, friends. Melissa and I are still celebrating our lives as individuals, and as husband and wife, lovers and friends, and so on and everything else.

We love you all!!

Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

OK, I don't wish to start a trend, but do wish Rob and Melissa to see with their own eyes one of the peeps who cares about them IRL. Old bat, double chin, distorted camera phone angle and all. My one and ONLY 'selfie', trying out my new phone in August last year.

Waving, all the way from Aus.
[URL="http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26865&stc=1&d=1430279300 [/URL]
Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

(((Victoria)))You're way beautiful

I don't think a trend should be started either.
Please all preserve your privacy.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hence, why I said, not a trend worthy of starting, chook. But just for me, putting up a daggy pic doesn't worry me at this point. You've been sharing your own life and impending days.

Besides, I'm not concerned that some nutter would come for me. If they did, I'd shut 'em down real fast, as would the mods. Even better, I'm not even on Fbook.

Hope you can catch up some sleep. Knight in rusty armour.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I think I felt my heart break.

Rob, you have helped me so more than you will ever know over the years.

I don't have anymore words.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Good night friends.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Good night.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Cowgirl Boots at Rest

This past week I dug my boots out of the closet and thought, "I have to tell Robby about my boots. Heh he he." I do, later. It is the middle of the night, early morning, and I have to brush my teeth. Robby and Melissa, I hold you in my heart with the greatest affection. Sleep tight and see you in the morning. We shall continue kicking **** together, as needed.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Damn. I could feel something was seriously up but I didn't want to believe it. You were the first person to reach out to me and I hold that very special. Well, you are really an extraordinary person. And I suspect many feel the same way. Not only the way you express yourself throughout these forums with your philosophy and unique perspective but you personally reach out to many to try and help them. It really goes unmatched because you take that time to PM various people and guide them or ask poignant questions. For many you are part of the heart and soul of whatever it is we are doing here. (learning, adapting, questioning, getting by, surviving)... or whatever label you want to put on it.
Our dear Robot with a huge heart... mine is breaking.
Wish I could do more,
Your Friend Puffy
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Oh Rob...I'm at a loss for words. My heart is hurting for you both.

Coming here and posting, and thinking of us is truly amazing. You have helped me so much over the years I've been bouncing around here, I wonder how many lives you have helped turn around since you've been part of SR? You are simply an inspiration to me. By sharing so openly, you help us all shine a light on our lives too.

This is a sad day.

Lots of love to you and Melissa.

Jen xx
Old 04-29-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Peace to you and yours my friend. Thinking of you oh brave one. Cx
Old 04-29-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Robert, Rob & Robby i know you like all 3 so why not

I havnt been a year on this site yet but in that time youve shown me kindness and helped me to grow in sobriety thats not bs btw thats a true story

Sending love
Old 04-29-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hey Verte, looks like you're the next to post following my thanks y'all to everyone before you. Nice boots Lady Verte!! M'Lady Melissa likes high boots too. I had some western style hand fitted boots back in the early '80's. when I was still walking miles a day. My right boot and a tough side zipper so as to ease on and off. Loved those boots!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by puffy View Post
Damn. I could feel something was seriously up but I didn't want to believe it. You were the first person to reach out to me and I hold that very special. Well, you are really an extraordinary person. And I suspect many feel the same way. Not only the way you express yourself throughout these forums with your philosophy and unique perspective but you personally reach out to many to try and help them. It really goes unmatched because you take that time to PM various people and guide them or ask poignant questions. For many you are part of the heart and soul of whatever it is we are doing here. (learning, adapting, questioning, getting by, surviving)... or whatever label you want to put on it.
Our dear Robot with a huge heart... mine is breaking.
Wish I could do more,
Your Friend Puffy
(((Puffy))) Wow. Thank you for such kind, powerful words. You're a sweet and observant soul. A breaking heart is a difficult thing of course. When there is no blame and guilt to bandy about, perhaps even more. I dunno. I do know you have touched my Melissa's heart, and my own, and many others here in special ways, dear friend. Words seem so inadequate, and yet, its what we have behind the words which is so vital for our mutual and shared well-being. Life is so precious. I'm so lucky to have had such a precious life to live. My heart too is breaking in my own way, my dear friend Puffy.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Oh Rob...I'm at a loss for words. My heart is hurting for you both.

Coming here and posting, and thinking of us is truly amazing. You have helped me so much over the years I've been bouncing around here, I wonder how many lives you have helped turn around since you've been part of SR? You are simply an inspiration to me. By sharing so openly, you help us all shine a light on our lives too.

This is a sad day.

Lots of love to you and Melissa.

Jen xx
Yes. (((Jen))) A sad day. A day I would like to pass by all of us. A day I'd rather just discover is a bad dream in an otherwise good day.

I'm so happy to be an inspiration for you and some others, and for my wife and for myself. How can such wonderful words from you not help me to soar above my own difficult times with the news we have learnt about just how damaged my body is from the cancer. It is what it is, of course. Still though, your sharing helps and inspires me, and I need a lot of that right now, goes without saying, lol.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Calitano and soberwolf.

Thanks friends. Its always what is behind the chosen words. Thank you, friends. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

You think you have issues I just broke the yolk in my fried egg! Much love and hope you got some rest
Old 04-29-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

((((Robby)))) Life transitions. Damn, some of them really suck.

You've taught us all so much. Thank you. I send my love and respect.

I'll be lighting some special candles tonight in my special place. It's a church that's over 500 years old. I love the smell of the wax, incense and such. It's very peaceful for me. I am not Christian but I don't think that matters. I lift my heart up.

Peace.

Love from Lenina
Old 04-29-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hey Robby..you don't know me, I read more than I post but I've been around and reading your wise words for 5 years. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry and I'm thinking about you. You touch more people than you realize! Big hugs to you.