Notices

Its odd how people forget.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Valari

Its odd how people forget.

do ya'll just have a book you answer from? when new people come to this forum desperate for help....
ya'll seem to for get about people when they need you the most.
thanks for answering for a while. ya sucked me in. i raved about this site for a while. not any more. yuck...
seems like after i was honest after i relapsed... pushed me way to the side. who the f cares, eh?
see ya.
valari
Old 04-04-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Charlene

Valari:
Keep hangin around. I too also noticed that this site is really Clicky. But I like reading some of the things on the site. I Submit new threads every once in awhile and notice not to many people that dont know me take to me. Its okay though I just do know this that when I crave and urge that I know someone will respond to me in some inspirational ways. Just keep coming back. It all gets better....
Old 04-04-2006, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I felt the same way when I was using. I thought the people here had a nerve. But I came to understand they told it like it is. I appreciate the honesty here.
I remember posting last year about not having any problems giving up hydros, I was set straight..quick. And the ones that went through what I was going through were right.

I found that being told 'the truth and nothing but the truth' is the only way.

Hang in, this site will show you the way...I KNOW.

Best, Golf
Old 04-04-2006, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by golf99
Hang in, this site will show you the way...I KNOW.
Amen (((golf))) I couldn't have said that any better.

Hi (((Valari))) and (((Charlina))).....my name is Denise and I'm an alcoholic. I don't usually venture in this area, but this thread caught my eye today. I've been coming down because of Vic, who's been so supportive with others and is needing help today, like everyone here. He's been walking on a thread I've been on a long time.....the Don't Quit thread in the new comers up top, anyone is welcome to join the gang there, their all very supportive and then some. I'm happy I've come down. I feel bad you feel this way, SR is really a good place, please be patient.

SR has suffered a great loss recently, I think it's slowed things down a bit. One of our huge lights has dimmed for the time time being, everyone needs time to grieve for her loss (((Miracle * Trish))) her light will always shine bright, people just need some time is all.

I'm not into clicks never have been, I go where ever talk to anyone who wants to talk to me.

Anyway I wanted to welcome you to SR, it is a good place, type your heart out Valari, people will soon respond, give it time ok. Keep reading also that's a big help.

((((((Valari)))))))) I care

Wishing you all the best in your journey to sobriety.....hugs Denise
Old 04-04-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there Valari and Charlina , my name is Lee and I am an alkie
Like Denise, I dont often come down here either , but it IS good to see you . I agree with denise, we have all been a bit shocked over the last few days with the passing of trish, some of us have been here for some years, and after a time , you tend to get close .

The other thing is , the different time zones, and the time you post . As you can see, I live in Australia, and am often here when you'all are in bed LOL

I do hope you keep posting so that we can get to know you better.

We DO care

HUGX
Lee
Old 04-04-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Valari,

I agree with the others, the loss of "Miracle" has affected so many of us in a very deep way. I've found if hard to post just like many others. We are all trying to deal with our own feelings as well.

And Yes, I am very worried about Vic and you as well, there's just so much to take in here sometimes. We do all have to protect our own recovery as well.
We can only do so much. You have the responsibility of reaching out just as well as we do.

There are many of us over the last few days who have wanted to give in, pick up, or drink. We are fighting just like you are.

There will always be days that threads don't get answered, I don't really worry about the replies to my threads as much as I worry about answering others threads. If I get even One reply then that makes me happy.

I don't judge or not answer because someone relapsed.

I've personally replied to many of your threads. It works both ways,
Give and Take. The people on this site are only 'Clicky' if you make them out to be.

SR is what you make of it. The people here helped to get me off of meth,
because I let them help me.

I am glad you let us know how you are feeling. I hope you don't leave but continue to reach out and not judge the people here. The people here are life savers too so many.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Val
I didn't forget about you.
I forgot my damn password thou, i'm Nutz
Just been going through a lot of stuff.
I don't think I'll ever be the same after this.

I'm constantly being surrounded by song birds, here lately.
It has a calming effect on me.
Just one more minute
Just one more hour
Just one more day

anyways, enough about me.
How can I help you ?

Mike
Old 04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((((((VAL)))))))))))
Girl I have been worried about ya!! I didnt hear back from you and was afraid to call due to not wanting to spill the beans at the other end...call me I will be home all day tomorrow wednesday...we can talk again and hey if nothing else you got me from this site!!
But I know what you mean..and you arent the only one trust me, ppl just dont talk about it here to avoid conflicts...
I love you!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((Val))))

We care about you! I think everyone has just been trying to process everything that has happened here over the last week.

Keep posting and talking to us. We are all here to help in any way that we can!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Valari!!!!! So glad I caught this thread I want you to know that you have my prayers and my support (as much as an online medium will allow right lol). I think DWI hit it right on the nail, a lot of us are struggling every bit as much as everyone else - though sometimes we may not show it. I am iffy on advice because giving that too often has been a flaw in my character for a long while, but if it's support you need I can honestly tell you I have been there and fight to stay up here every single day. Once I accepted humility and shook my pride off my shoulders things began to get better, more honest and more real. I also just simply can't find the time to post here as often as I'd like, this NA forum alone carries as many people as my entire metropolitan fellowship lol. But in all seriousness I truly hope you can find your way back here and discover that all of us really DO care, the internet just sometimes projects the act of absense as the act of not caring, entirely untrue. You'll be in my prayers tonight. Paul
Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Val.. even though I need to get myself some sleep as I have to be back at the shop in 5 hrs after a 2 hr commute and a 14 hr day, I want you to know that you are important, and the clcikiness you sense can also be the damn disease doing it's best to make you feel different, all alone, and not wothr staying clean.

I know how that is because i spent 3 years getting a few days, a couple weeks, then a few months clean because I didn;t feel like I really was ever going to "fit in".

Sorry I haven't been a contributor on some of your other posts but I saw others responding and I guess I felt like you were in good hands and had your own little click of friends to support you.

See it goes both ways... it's a perception and one of the biggest tricks the disease of addiction uses is seprating us by using our perceptions against us.

Again I am sorry if you felt abandoned. No one should ever have to feel that way, but by the same token dont let temporary feelings trick you into giving up. Sometimes we have to go it alone for a few minutes or a few hrs or a few days. And it is possible to get and saty clean even during thse times we feel alone.

I hope you stick around.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's Odd How People forget

[QUOTE=valari]do ya'll just have a book you answer from? when new people come to this forum desperate for help....
ya'll seem to for get about people when they need you the most.
thanks for answering for a while. ya sucked me in. i raved about this site for a while. not any more. yuck...
seems like after i was honest after i relapsed... pushed me way to the side. who the f cares, eh?
see ya.
valari [/QUOTE

] Hi. I feel the same. I came on and my ex has bashed me to the bare bones here. He was on here for over a year before I came in last month like you. Last year he brought me prints of threads from here. It helped a lot, and I couldn't wait to be able to get on line and jump in, especially because I was relapsing. I thought, truly it might have helped as he came on everyday and he said everyone here helped him. I was with him on three consecutive evenings recently Friday, Saturday, Sunday and he seemed so different. I did not know that he was causing trouble in my family, with former friends, and of course...here. He told me Sunday everyone here tells him to have nothing to do with me, and told him to leave me all last year. Since I came on, I have been deleted by one admin and one forum leader. I have been accused of "hi-jacking" threads. I swear I don't even know what that means.....I don't know what AH/f2F and all that lingo means. I think my ex was calling me his alcoholic husband. Maybe he's been edited too, but too, he tells me all these people here told him to not see me again and how wonderfully sane and sober he is. I feel like I'm in twilight zone because I need this so. Desperately.
You know, Valari, i haven't cried for days, now I can't stop. I won't knock you while you're down. I love you. I understand. like the apostle Paul said "I am the chief of sinners."
I hope and pray I'm wrong, that I've (again) allowed another person to have control over me and what I do. I hope someone helps yopu and me...... You know what just came to me? I guess it is an ??AAHA moment.....
Some folks here have helped. Maybe I just have been focusing on negatives. Maybe you are as well ..maybe we feel beaten up, and are beating ourselves...Maybe we've been through a lot lately, maybe we are still.
I am sorry to anyone who reached out to me and I didn't bother to follow up.
Maybe, Valari, you are like me and do not how how to...jump threads...not hijack..search forums,not use too many smilies, etc..... etc. I went into the Men's Room the very second time I posted. I do not know if this site is big enough for my ex and for me ..maybe I tried to barge into a clique. I don't know..we'll see.
An angel named Miracle said she loved me and forgave me after I gave credit to another poster for something she had written. I never got the chance to tell her I was sorry. I hope she hears me now.
Miracle, I am sorry. I love you. Your words touched a place in my heart. it was sudden, powerful and so deep I actually felt something began to unravel, inside my body, like heavy silk ribbons. I know you hear me, and ask you to pray for me now as I pray for you. It was no accident I posted in your thread, I think you died the next day.

I love you Miracle.

I love you Valari.
Don't go away.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
chel918

I have to say you are so right. I know I'm guilty of popping in to lend support and open a thread when I need it myself. There's so many people in so many different place I don't know how it's gets so clicky! Sometimes people just need to vent or hear helpful words. Keep posting.......... please don't feel like we don't care