View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gooch

Hey Val.. even though I need to get myself some sleep as I have to be back at the shop in 5 hrs after a 2 hr commute and a 14 hr day, I want you to know that you are important, and the clcikiness you sense can also be the damn disease doing it's best to make you feel different, all alone, and not wothr staying clean.

I know how that is because i spent 3 years getting a few days, a couple weeks, then a few months clean because I didn;t feel like I really was ever going to "fit in".

Sorry I haven't been a contributor on some of your other posts but I saw others responding and I guess I felt like you were in good hands and had your own little click of friends to support you.

See it goes both ways... it's a perception and one of the biggest tricks the disease of addiction uses is seprating us by using our perceptions against us.

Again I am sorry if you felt abandoned. No one should ever have to feel that way, but by the same token dont let temporary feelings trick you into giving up. Sometimes we have to go it alone for a few minutes or a few hrs or a few days. And it is possible to get and saty clean even during thse times we feel alone.

I hope you stick around.