Notices

I can't deal...

Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't deal...

The anxiety is killing me.....Why not use? life sucks? right?
Tough hours ahead, but I think i will just relapse and get it over with instead of all this typing...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go out for a walk or something that raises your heart rate. That will help reduce the anxiety for awhile.

No relapse or you will be back to square 1.

Good luck.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there

Go out for a walk or something that raises your heart rate. That will help reduce the anxiety for awhile.

No relapse or you will be back to square 1.

Good luck and be strong! You can do it!!!

I completely understand the anguish there.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Eagle,

Withdrawals suck, there is no getting around that. You have to be willing to deal with the suckiness in order to get through it b/c it eventually goes away, if you don't use.

It all comes down to, how much of a desire you have to stay clean. If your desire is strong enough, you'll be willing to do whatever it takes to stay clean.

Don't use, it'll pass and it's worth it.
Blake
Old 01-31-2006, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I had really bad anxiety today. It helped to do the SMARTRecovery worksheet Copy with Anxiety about Anxiety.http://www.smartrecovery.org/resourc...statements.htm
Old 01-31-2006, 10:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had bad anxity dduring my recovery and take time to do breathing techniques. give yourself a count in your head for five sec while breathing in deeply. then try practicing tension release. start with your fist. ball your hand into a fist and for as tight as you can for five sec. then release. do all areas of the body by making your muscles tense then relaxing. Include your neck and legs. it really helps. make sure are noise level is down and your in a peaceful envoriment. good luck man its hard when one seems helpless but you can get throught it. you can do these excerisies anywhere also. I still do them to this day.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Would you rather be sick for a week or two or sick for life?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahh (((Eagle))) what your going through right now is one of the hardest parts of it all. It ALL feels bad, using feels bad, thinking about getting clean feels bad, getting clean feels bad, and thinking about NOT using for ever feels BAD.
The stuff we takes helps us to push back the inevitable of life for awhile and then while we are pushing it back, it stacks up and keeps stacking higher and higher......

The more we use, the higher it gets. It may feel easier, but in reality all that is happening is the hole we are in gets deeper.

No one told us life would be easy, we just want it to be that way. Go through all the motions of being sick, feel them and remember that feeling so that you never want to use again. All the crazy stuff you are going through is a journey.... It's your journey of life. You've got to make better choices to get better things. Keep making bad choices and you keep getting bad things.......

I'm sorry if I just made No sense, I'm exhausted and brain dead, but I wanted to post to you and hope that you didn't relapse...........

If not, please hold on. If you did, START OVER....... ;-) Either way, let us know what's up.

DWI
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

P.S. When you use the "C" word, you take your power away from yourself. Your telling your brain something that isn't true. Reality and the truth is, You choose.
You choose to go forward, or you Choose to relapse.

Don't give your power away to anyone. ;-)
Old 02-01-2006, 04:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all. No use of drugs. Cleaned the entire basement. sorry to whine so much but this is doudle hard because my wife and I split 3 weeks ago. So I am going threw this alone.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ohhh!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Don't ever be sorry about expressing your emotions! They are what makes you, YOU!!

You are doing AMAZING! Keep up the great work!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Eagle, How ya doin?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I'm having full blown aniexty right now. Shaking like a tree. Hang in..IT WILL PASS.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Eagle,

Where'd ya go? You doin okay? ;-)

DWI
Old 02-13-2006, 10:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I statred seeing a new counsellor yesterday. Drink a glass of water, have something small to eat and breathe deeply. there's a recovery treatment I just found recovery.org i think, it's called rational recovery by Jack Trimpey.
Its about addiction voices and learning the nasty tricks that voice can do and what to do to fight it. Im not clean yet but im looking forward to trying it. Give it a google and you'll find it no sweat
Old 02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I share your anxiety. I moderate it sometimes with very small amounts of Xanax (e.g. 0.125 mg) and that has helped. I don't take it regularly and benzos haven't been a problem for me, opiates were.

The very best treatment for me is to go swimming 1/4 - 1/2 mile. That fixes a lot of problems.

Good luck - hang in there!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Way too EASY....it takes alot of courage to get through this stuff.....I am right there myself tonight BUT..I like this saying...." When god shuts a door ,he opens a window...but the hallways are a real B***H"...Maybe you are just in the hallway right now??? I know I am...waiting to get to the open window....hang in there ...we are here for you and with you...northbelle
Old 02-14-2006, 10:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Eagle where are you?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

EEEaaaglllleeeeeeeeeeeeee,,

Where you be hiding?

Come back!!