Notices

I’ve had it I’m such an idiot

Old 03-08-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I’ve had it I’m such an idiot

Still drinking because of stupid health anxiety. I felt some nausea yesterday morning and panicked also my leg was vibrating , how do I deal with this ? 2 bottles wine because I’m an idiot
Old 03-08-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your not an idiot. Your just locked into the same cycle of drinking that I was, and everyone here was.

Most here, myself included, have said that they found the anxiety to lessen as the alcohol leaves your system. Anxiety, fear, stress, resentments are all the reasons we drink to get drunk. But after a couple of weeks to sober up good, these factors lessened tremendously for me. I could process the thoughts much more rationally and it did not seem nearly as bad as it did while drinking beer and wine at least every other night.

You've come to the right place. Keep coming on here. You will find support and understanding. Tell all your stories. Details and all. People here understand it all and it will help you feel much better.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply, I hate how I feel day after drinking, my last drink was at 4 am when can I take Ativan how much space do I need
Old 03-08-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It will get better, rest and drink plenty of water. Ativan should be avoided with alcohol in the system. try to wait until you're sober...I always say 8-12 hours. What's next? Any plan to stay sober?

Life is so much better on the sober side!! You can do this
Old 03-08-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Headstock. Welcome to SR. Can you stay sober today? Maybe hit the new week with a few sober days? Next weekend you can be sober for 5 or 6 days and then have a really long, really fun and nice, sober weekend. We don't drink anymore Headstock.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are not an idiot but you may be an addict.
Your addiction is telling you to panic. Your addiction is telling you alcohol will fix it.

Don't listen to your addiction.

I have never heard of alcohol making a health issue better.

Thanks for posting and I hope you get out of this vicious cycle but it won't just happen. You gotta make it happen.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up and call yourself names. That's the opposite way you want to be. You're human. You made a bad choice. Doesn't make you an idiot. Next time, just make a better choice. I'm with Killer-- don't think I've heard of alcohol helping a health problem. Perhaps a note to yourself stating such to pull out next time the thought arises.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Headstock

You're not an idiot at all, you're worried about what happens next and how you may feel in the near future should you stop drinking. It is scary but its not impossible and you're worth stopping drinking for.

Do you have a doctor that you could consult? Maybe seek advice about a medical detox as this would be the safest option and would hopefully help to ease your anxieties regarding possible withdrawals and health concerns etc?

Also coming here regularly can definitely help because there is a lot of advice and people who are more than willing to offer support
Old 03-08-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Headstock - I'm so glad you posted. I agree, definitely not an idiot - & being down on yourself is counterproductive. Be kind & patient with yourself. You're a person in search of a better life - and you can have it. I hope you'll continue posting & talking things over here.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I feel compelled to add that alcohol often does make idiots out of us. Idiocy may not be your natural state, however. It might just be your addicted state.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Samantha

You're far from an idiot, it's just the alcohol talking. It's a bad cycle to be in and we've all been there. I'm not sure about the ativan but it's at least 6 hours. I'd call the pharmacy to be sure before you do anything though.
I hope you're able to stay sober and relax and feel better
Old 03-08-2020, 01:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please know we can't give any kind of medical advice. Regarding the Ativan, you will need to talk to your doctor who prescribed it, or maybe your pharmacist.

Anxiety of any kind is hard to deal with but there are healthy ways to manage. This are some books that give you tips on breathing, meditation and other healthy ways to help with anxiety:

Amen, Daniel Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
Bassett, Lucinda From Panic to Power
Burns, David MD When Panic Attacks
Chodron, Pema The Places that Scare You
Doidge, Norman MD The Brain that Changes Itself
Dyer, Wayne Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
Orsilla, Ken Mindful Way Through Anxiety
Old 03-08-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I’ve drank all day today like a ******* dummy I had 2 years sober wtf did I do to **** this up I’m so stupid because last night I had 1 bottle wine and I’m convinced today I’m dying so I keep drinking
Old 03-08-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Headstock View Post
I’ve drank all day today like a fuckinf dummy I had 2 years sober wtf did I do to **** this up I’m so stupid because last night I had 1 bottle wine and I’m convinced today I’m dying so I keep drinking
You're not a dummy or an idiot you're just stuck in a vicious addicted circle and the more alcohol you drink the more fuel you're adding to your feelings of hopelessness
You are worthy of a blessed and sober life I promise you that and you can do it as you have proved in the past. If you're still drinking now, put it down and put yourself to bed, in the morning log on to SR and we will be here to support you - big hugs 🤗
Old 03-08-2020, 04:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You’re not an idiot. Your AV sounds like it took those anxious feelings about your health and amped them right up until you cracked. I read somewhere that that’s how it works: the amygdala in your brain (the part responsible for addiction I think) wants alcohol and knows that you drink when you’re anxious. So what does it do? Makes you more anxious so that you go get that drink! What a sneaky trick??!

Hope you can start afresh tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to have you here Headstock.

I drank over health anxiety too - which was insane because dunking like I did was in no way good for my health.

The good news is when I did quit & I saw a doctor I was in way better shape than I thought i might be.

It's a vicious cycle - worrying about being ill - drink - worry about being ill...

but it helps to have people to talk to and reassure you when you quit and have all these worries.

You'll find support here

D
Old 03-08-2020, 11:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

headstock, maybe reframe your thinking? If health anxiety is your issue then know that drinking is going to ruin your health. Stop and then go to the doctor and like Dee said I bet you will be allright. The body is amazing at what it does.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I drank the entire day yesterday three bottles of wine but I tell you this it’s done it’s over today is day one I don’t give a **** I am going to annihilate is ******** I had two years sober and I will do it again
Old 03-09-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with day one. Make sure your house is alcohol free and don't go out to buy more.

If you're feeling really ill, don't hesitate to see a Dr., ok?
D

D
Old 03-09-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I hope you succeed today, post often and keep us updated. Just please don't crack, stay strong. We are here.