Notices

60 days sober today

Old 12-03-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

60 days sober today

I wish things were better for me at home at this point. My wife and kids rarely converse with me. I feel like a stranger and do not belong here. Did anyone else go through something like this and does it get better? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi freeofit

for us 60 days seems a lifetime but often for our family and friends it's just two months - two months out of many years of drinking.

Things will get better - and for a lot of us, trust and forgiveness do come if we hold up our end of the bargain and stay in recovery

If your family is still around, thats a very good sign freeofit

Congrats on your milestone

D
Old 12-03-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What Dee said!

Keep doing the right things, not drinking and working on you - it is indeed hard to reconcile why "those around us aren't celebrating what we're doing" as a friend of mine says, "but we are actually just starting to behave like NORMAL people so that doesn't really call for a parade in their minds"! Truth.

Great job on 60 days- it does get better IMO and IME - keep going.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I felt the same way. I can only echo what Dee said, it takes time. Trust and healing will happen if you keep going. My relationship with my kids is improving on-going. But my relationship with my wife, is fine, as it is. It was broke before I started drinking, so I don’t expect more than it is. If you and your wife have a hearts bond, staying sober will create positive things. Stay strong, post, believe, and know it is worth it!!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself more sober time. Make your actions a reflection of who you are now. Hug your wife and kids. Stay sober and it should get better.