Notices

Today

Old 04-16-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today

When I wake up it will be tomorrow. What can i do about it though? It's the same thing every day. I'm the lone druggie. I think I'm finally starting to realize what my triggers are. I feel alone all of the time. I'm killing myself slowly. But the task at hand is daunting. I don't even know why I am posting on here. I'm such a sad story.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi MM good job reaching out when I neck deep in my coke addiction I was pretty much the same

The reason your posting is because deep down you don't want things to be like this

Welcome to the site no one will judge you & were all in this together you can remain anonymous and get to know people

Having a plan really helps

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 04-16-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

We all show up as sad stories. Actually, most of us worse than that. When the NA basic text says things like "When we were using reality became so painful that oblivion was preferable. We tried to keep other people from knowing about our pain. We isolated ourselves, and lived in prisons that we built with loneliness.", the addicts that penned that weren't just writing those lines for filler.

You have to figure out if you've had enough. Trust me, it gets a lot worse.

I woke up every day mad that I was still alive and that I had to go through another day. These days waking up is a lot different. It was a rough morning in my world because I had to debate if I should call out sick or not (I did) as I am on the tail end of a pretty bad cold. I feel a little guilty, but I have the sick time and I'm a responsible person today. Rough as that was, I didn't feel like killing myself, nor was I hung over or dopesick. I didn't even feel desperately hopeless, just a little guilty. I think I'll be ok.

You can be ok too. I bet there is an NA meeting in your area today. Maybe even this morning. I didn't want to go either. I'm glad I did.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR MM

Coming here really helped change things for mew - suddenly every day was not the same anymore, because I knew I had support and encouragement.

In a world full of triggers it's hard to find that one reason to stop numbing ourselves out, but I found it here - and I hope you will too.

You matter

D
Old 04-16-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi MM welcome. I hope you stay in touch. I am going it solo and SR continues to help me after two weeks clean and finally getting it.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are coming to the right place. You are not alone here. Also if you can reach out to your local NA or AA you won't be alone either. They get it. We can't stop on our own willpower. I know exactly how you feel. PM me if you want to talk more? I live in a different country so awake at your night time. I am here if you want to talk. Go through and read my stories if you are bored, I have been through it all and back again. WE don't have to keep feeling this way. I know you are afraid, want to quit but don't know how.

Proud of you for taking this first step.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Many of used drugs to escape the pain we felt and to escape reality which may have been too hard to face. Drugs offer a temporary relief at best, but it's always and eventually back to reality and living life on life's terms, which can seem daunting on some days! We get that. It's not easy, but so worth it. You will feel better and better able to 'deal' without substances. The answer to dealing with life is not found at the bottom of a bottle or in a syringe or a pill.