Notices

when there's a will, there's a way

Old 05-06-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when there's a will, there's a way

Well I just hit a new low these past few days. Vanilla extract. My family found out about my drinking habits and cut me off from their alcohol supply I had been dipping into the past two weeks or so. I panicked and started drinking the vanilla extract found in the pantry. It's just pathetic now. Absolutely pathetic. I don't even like drinking anymore. It just makes me so so sick (vanilla extract does NOT sit well with the stomach). But I'm sick with it or without it. I can tell my withdrawals are going to be rough this time around. Planning on accepting whatever help/support my parents offer to me, whether it be detox, rehab, therapy...I need whatever help I can get. I'm out of options. I'm going to die a drunk if I don't get help. Tomorrow marks a new day 1 for me.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Why not make today day 1? There's plenty of time left. Do you have specific plans to do some type of formal detox or rehab?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No specific plans in place yet. We'll see what the next few days have in store for me. My family doesn't know what to do with me.
And I stopped drinking today already, but only after I polished off the vanilla extract so in my mind day one isn't til tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you decide to stop drinking today. I'm glad your parents are offering to help. What kind of plan do you have in mind to stop drinking and to recover?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can make Sobriety happen, do what it takes, be pro active, get the right plan and support in place!!

You can do this!!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by drinkingdinos View Post
No specific plans in place yet. We'll see what the next few days have in store for me. My family doesn't know what to do with me.
And I stopped drinking today already, but only after I polished off the vanilla extract so in my mind day one isn't til tomorrow.
Maybe you should take charge of the next few days, or even the day today? Waiting to see what happens is generally not a real solid sobriety plan.

A few suggestions:

1. Go to an AA meeting
2. Read the big book ( online, free )
3. Start calling to see what is available locally for rehab or detox
4. Read up on AVRT or some of the other self guided sobriety methods
5. Spend some time here reading and asking questions.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I hope you do stop today, if your not feeling well or scared please go to the ER or the Dr.

I know early on I couldn't bring myself to go anywhere unfamiliar because my anxiety was so out of control. If this is the case please stay on here reading and asking questions.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

When i gave up alcohol my life got better it can be like this for you aswell id listen to Scott's & Anna's advice and get a plan going

Let the real you emerge we'l support you along the way
Old 05-06-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by drinkingdinos View Post
There's no reason why you can't start making a plan now. It will 'harsh your buzz'....but thats no bad thing?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

D
Old 05-06-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Decided to take the above advice and take more immediate action. Just got back from an aa meeting tonight. It was really good to just sit and listen. There was one lady there with 37 years. Like damn. I can't even put my thoughts in order, but it was good. I had to sit in my car and fight the urges to buy more alcohol after the meeting but I did it. I went and got ice cream instead.
Going to talk with my parents about options when I get the chance. Got to get things in motion before I decide to give up again.