Administrator

Jenna Rose's Thread (was 'Xanax') Part 2

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-xanax-21.html

D
Old 02-03-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jenna,

I just wanted to say congratulations on 3 years and thank you for sharing your story. You will never know how much good your posts have done, but you've made my day - thanks for the experience, strength and (most important of all) hope. My heart feels better for having read your story.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wonder how Jenna is.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jenna is good I've just been working and taking care of my family.

Going through some things emotionally. Want to hear something interesting?

I met someone on this site when I first came on it 4 years ago or so. We have talked every day since. He is one of my best friends now but we have never met. We have helped each other a lot and sometimes we fight like a married couple! Lol well.... I am meeting him in a few weeks. He lives several hours away from me and my girlfriend and I are taking a trip so I can meet him! I'm super excited and nervous (rightly so!) ! We video chat all of the time so I'm confident it should go well! Plus, I'll get to spend a few days in NYC which will be cool!

Life is beautiful when we are finally able to open our eyes to it! Thank you everyone who follows this thread I'm so glad it has had the impact that it has!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad all is well Jenna - hope you have a great time in NYC

D
Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Jenna! So good to hear from you and best wishes for your trip to NYC! Hopefully you will have time to let us know how the meet up went :-) I recently met an internet friend of SEVENTEEN YEARS! We had a blast and it was so good to put a voice to the face!
Old 03-24-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support. He actually decided to tell me last night he has been sering someone for months. It was kind of rough timing since I'm finally coming there to meet him in a few weeks. Buy we'll see what happens.

I had a bad using dream last night, the kind you wake up from and it feels like you actually got high. I felt so terrible when I woke up! That hasn't happened in so long! I was feeling so many emotions last night, so I just think it threw me out of wack. That just tells me to get to a meeting tonight and talk it out with some trusted people!

I hope you all have a beautiful day!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm really struggling tonight. I'm overwhelmed with feelings. I haven't felt "lonely" in so long. I forgot how much it hurts to feel truly lonely. I spent time with a frind today which was nice but as soon as I came home my mind went to telling me I am completely alone and always will be. I know it is my disease talking to me and I need to just shut it up. It's discouraging but I know I'll be okay.
I just have to be honest and yell someone how I am feeling. I can't get help if no one knows I'm hurting.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it will pass Jenna and that tomorrows a better day

D
Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Jenna, is this current emotional turmoil related to that story you shared about your friend from this board? I was involved in some intense private interpersonal dynamics via SR, if that helps... more than once Not for years though... not on SR at least. It can be very interesting and also sometimes challenging that it's all the virtual world.

I've read parts of your thread before, you have clearly been through a lot. Don't let whatever bothers you right now have too much power!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do or do not. There is no try.

Hi Jenna, just checkin in your new thread to say whaddd up!?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hey

Well I am headin out to nyc this morning. Haven't made up my mind 61st if I am going to meet up with my friend from here or not. Its been causing me a lot of emotional stress and I don't know if us meeting would make it worse or if I feel that way bc I am anxious to meet him. I'm just going to roll the dice and see what happens!

I just found out that my girlfriend is using again. She had stopped going to meetings and drank now and then but now I found out she's smoking pot to. She's just headed down the road of destruction and I'm so worried for her. I love our friendship and will always be here for her and will pray for her.

I've been struggling with thinking I can drink again but I don't know if I could stop at drinking at a safe amount so I refuse to risk it. My life is beautiful today. And not because everything is perfect, Lord knows things are not perfect lol! But life isbveautiful today because I am really living I and I feel super blessed for it!

Peace & Love guys! I'm getting on the road now to NYC! Can't wait!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Jenna)))) please don't fall into the trap of thinking you might be able to drink in moderation or maybe for just a vacation! Been there! Done that! It doesn't work for me, no matter how many years I get under me or how stable I feel.

I think having that using dream was a warning. I haven't had one on in years but it seems when I did it was always when I was a little shaky.

You've been working so hard all this time. Don't go backwards. It's not worth it. I hope you can get to SR if you need to. We will be here for you.

Have a good time, stay focused and come home safe!

Love from Lenina
Old 05-11-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I am sorry it has been so very long! I am still clean and going strong! Over 4 years now !! WOW!! Life is amazing. I reunited with my highschool love and have been going strong with him for a year as of yesterday. We are moving in together in the next few months and plan on getting married next fall! Crazy how things happen. He struggled with opiate addiction for a while and has since came out of that several years again now, it is nice because we understand thigns about each other that not many people would.

I hope everyone is well and i hope anyone who reads this can see that there is hope for us all. When we struggle, we need to talk it out and remember where we come from. I am so much stronger than I give myself credit for sometimes! My story has times of lightness and times of darkness but the best thing about it is that it gets to continue
I would love to hear how everyone is doing!! Also, it is so good to come on here and remember that my story has helped people, and if sharing my story (including the ugly parts) helps just one person, it makes it all worth it!!
Peace & Love!
JennaRose
Old 05-11-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great to hear Jenna - congratulations!

D
Old 05-12-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations
Old 05-20-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

JennaRose good to see you are still doing great. Congrats on the engagement.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Jenna, I loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I just read through this entire thread. So so helpful. Your story is a true testament to the dark places addiction takes us, but you came out on the other side. Congratulations.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

HI EVERYONE!!!

Just checking in. I got a reminder from someone I met on here FIVE YEARS AGO, that this is where my recovery started. I thought it would only be right to check in again!

Things are going well! I have 5 1/2 years clean now. My Fiance and I have moved in together and are saving for a house. No immediate plan for the wedding, we decided we want to get a house first. We have an adorable kitten and are continuing to grow together . He recently decided he was drinking a little to much so he came to a few meetings with me and has since stopped drinking. So we are now clean/sober together!
I still go to meetings and just sit back and listen. I never want to forget where I came from!

I am going to a training class to be certified in administering Narcan. The amount of deaths in my city from overdoses is insane!! It is on the news daily and is so awful!
I also just signed up for a volunteer program to work with as a victim advocate for domestic violence in emergency rooms around Buffalo.

At the end of this month I am taking a trip to Oregon to visit a friend. We are going to hike at Crate Lake National Park! It is so nice to be able to enjoy healthy adventures! It is a far cry from the way I used to risk my life! I work hard and in turn I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor, not just in my work-life, but in my personal life by being healthy and stable!

I hope everyone is doing well, and if you are not doing well I hope you are able to find the help you want and need. Please get help if you need it, it's out there. The life that is out there for us can be so amazing, don't let yourself miss another minute of it!!!!

I am always here and can be reached via email jennarose1101******.com if anyone ever needs to vent and is looking for some support. We do not have to do this alone!