View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JennaRose

HI EVERYONE!!!

Just checking in. I got a reminder from someone I met on here FIVE YEARS AGO, that this is where my recovery started. I thought it would only be right to check in again!

Things are going well! I have 5 1/2 years clean now. My Fiance and I have moved in together and are saving for a house. No immediate plan for the wedding, we decided we want to get a house first. We have an adorable kitten and are continuing to grow together . He recently decided he was drinking a little to much so he came to a few meetings with me and has since stopped drinking. So we are now clean/sober together!
I still go to meetings and just sit back and listen. I never want to forget where I came from!

I am going to a training class to be certified in administering Narcan. The amount of deaths in my city from overdoses is insane!! It is on the news daily and is so awful!
I also just signed up for a volunteer program to work with as a victim advocate for domestic violence in emergency rooms around Buffalo.

At the end of this month I am taking a trip to Oregon to visit a friend. We are going to hike at Crate Lake National Park! It is so nice to be able to enjoy healthy adventures! It is a far cry from the way I used to risk my life! I work hard and in turn I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor, not just in my work-life, but in my personal life by being healthy and stable!

I hope everyone is doing well, and if you are not doing well I hope you are able to find the help you want and need. Please get help if you need it, it's out there. The life that is out there for us can be so amazing, don't let yourself miss another minute of it!!!!

I am always here and can be reached via email jennarose1101******.com if anyone ever needs to vent and is looking for some support. We do not have to do this alone!