Notices

I had a beer

Old 09-21-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a beer

I tripped up and had one. Just one and slowly. Dusting myself off and am set for the day.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At least you stopped at one. You can do this countrygirl!! Rooting for you
Old 09-21-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for stopping at one. How long have you been sober?
Old 09-21-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Two weeks I have been sober and smoke free. It's been quite the battle the past 2 days
Old 09-21-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good thing it was only one. It takes strength to be honest and post
Old 09-21-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on recovery again. I hope you can figure out why you decided to drink because it could help prevent it from happening again.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Just one and slowly.
You need to convince yourself totally and completely that "picking up" was succumbing to addiction. Doesn't matter how many..doesn't matter how slowly.

It's a "fail".

Now..I do not say that to be harsh or to make you feel bad..at all. Failure is a significant part of process and progress.

If anything, the "just one..and slowly" is perhaps more dangerous than picking it up in the first place.

You addiction can come back and whisper..

Remember that time you just had one...remember how you just sipped and enjoyed it like a normal person?

Happened to me. My "just one" was one tiny, ridiculous contrary evidence to the mountain of evidence I had the pointed to my addiction issue.

The one was my first step down the slippery slope that took a couple months to land me right back where I was for a million years previous.

Nevertheless...don't want to be a downer.

You're here. And that's what differs between you and me. I didn't come back and tell anyone when I did...I was already down illusion road and runnin'.

Good on ya.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just do whatever you can to reinforce the fact that your alcoholic and drinking isnt an option no more

so glad your posting about this big hugs

you can do this you know just keep at it countrygirl
Old 09-21-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Where's your Round Tuit?
Old 09-21-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I tripped up and had one. Just one and slowly. Dusting myself off and am set for the day.
Try and figure out what lead up to that. Keeping it from happening again is what is important.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think if you have the courage to post that you had a beer after two weeks of being sober, you have the strength inside you to figure out why and prepare for the next urge. I'm right there w you. 17 nights sober for me. It ain't been a cake walk. Keep your chin up and fight for it.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Last time I quit for a few weeks I did the same thing. Well, I had 3 I believe out of a 6 pack the first time back, which isn't a lot for a "normal" person to drink at one time. Barely got a buzz and stopped for 2 more days. I thought I was ok and I can handle it in moderation like most people.

Next thing I knew I was back drinking as heavily as ever. I didn't even realized what happened. Now I'm unemployed because of it, body is achy, and pretty much miserable. Kicking myself in the butt every minute for ever having those 3 beers and fooling myself.

Good luck with your journey.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot everyone, I appreciate all the input. I understand everyone's words. I never thought of anyone or anything but me.
1. I was bored
2. I wanted my brain to stop chattering...that's the big one. It just won't shut up
Old 09-21-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I wanted my brain to stop chattering...that's the big one. It just won't shut up
Welcome to sobriety. I fancy myself a bit of a lion tamer who has finally entered the cage and picked up the whip..and there are a LOT of freaking wild cats in there. It's work...but well worth the effort.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh be careful now! Now your little alcoholic monster will tell you that you only had one and you did fine and that you can do it again and yada yada. The chatter will become worse. If you are not going to go back out there, brace yourself and try some serious distraction for the next bit. I can promise you the beast takes ANY chance to get you to drink again.
Hugs and send a note if you need support!
Beth
Old 09-21-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Could have been worse, but knowing the reasons gives a platform for sorting it out!!

When I got Sober I was left with a lot of time on my hands, and sitting in alone with my thoughts was a recipe for disaster, I therefore needed to keep myself busy, distraction is a great tool in Sobriety, simply doing something.

Also getting onto SR to keep me focused away from my mind, which was always going a million miles an hour!!

Tweak the plan, and you'll get there!!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hopeful

I fell last night, too. My only "saving grace" was that there was no wine in the house (my drink of choice). I decided to pour my soul out in a blog here and then ended up crying and so upset and drank some beer. I HATE BEER. So stupid. But, I'm here and I'm not giving up. AND, I'm proud of myself for not going to buy some wine.

Hang in there, countrygirl! We can do this thing!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I couldn't have just one beer and cut off. Realizing that simple fact keeps me from even trying. You see, if I drink again, I will not stop until I'm dead, and I would like to live one more day sober.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Countrygirl

The old 'Jerry Springer Show' in my head routine.

I can get that too, it can be an absolute racket up there.

Hang tough
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Does it eventually quiet down? Not that that is going to change my sobriety, it would be nice to have something to look forward to.