Notices

day one... help

Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one... help

Day one of no oxycodone, with drawls are starting... I've hid this from my family... any advice and tips and support would be great
Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My experience with c/t withdrawal from oxys and hydros is something I did without telling my doc who prescribed my pills, and IMHO, this was not a good thing.
Be careful... I don't know much about you, but I ended up in the ER on day 3, when my adrenals kicked back in... I had very high blood pressure and rapid heart rate... since I am no spring chicken, I am grateful I went to the ER, got some help, and more importantly was honest with ER doc, who, not surprisingly said, " We see people in here all day and night, due to opioid/opiate withdrawals"....

BTW, I now have 42 days clean and sober... and I stay on SR!. I do not have cravings now, but from what I read, and my own past experience kicking other substances, that evil little addict who lives in my head can start whispering that it is ok to use again, and I never want to go back there.

If you read some other threads, many people on SR post their experiences around withdrawal.

You are on a good, safe site, SR rocks, and has been instrumental in my recovery!! Stay here!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How much we're you using a day
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey AC.... I know what it feels like to hide it. I said last month that it was going to be my last time, but here I am again. Also, I feel worthless because my wife didn't even know that I had picked my Rx up this time. I was so sure that I was going to make it the full 30 days this time.... I guess just like the last time and the time before that and the time before that. When I take those things, it changes my thinking. I hate that about them.

I want to be the person that God has meant for me to be and I'm definitely sure that this is not the life that he had envisioned for me.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hi, AC,
I have been in your shoes with the percs. Now I am clean 44 days! You can get through this. I had water and gatorade to drink a lot. Lots of rest helped me.
If you could see into the near future, you would know that it is so worth it to get off the pills. You will be able to live life fully again! I have sons too, and I wanted to really be there with them. I know you do to. When you are through this wd, you will notice a difference, a wonderful difference in how you perceive everything.
This site/forum has been the catalyst to my continued sobriety. Keep coming here, read and post when you feel like. Stick it out!!!!!
You are doing a great thing, saving your life and giving yourself a future!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

I hope you're still hanging in there. You're going to feel awful the next couple of days so we understand if you can't post. Hopefully you are still at least reading our responses. This is the worst thing you will ever go through, and honestly nothing at all helps ease the pain. For the runs, get some immodium. You also need to get a good multivitamin. For sleep, try melatonin. All these are available at the local store; you probably can't even move right now, hopefully someone can go get this stuff for you. I know you are hating life right now; we have ALL been there, and I promise you... this gets better. It really does. Hot baths help a lot. I read on here some people try to prop their legs up against the wall for the restless legs. I haven't tried that, but it may work. Just don't USE. Whatever you do. And I'm not going to lie - tomorrow (day 3) will be the worst day of your life. Do whatever you have to NOT TO USE. You will peak tomorrow and then you'll start getting relief. I promise. Hang in there. If you can come on here and post, it does help distract you. TV helps. Funny enough, on MTV they've started showing "Ridiculousness" in the mornings and that seems to be what helped me during the first 72 hours. It was always on. Laughing really helps, so try and watch funny stuff. You will be an emotional mess... I advise you stay the heck away from LIFETIME!! Hahaha... seriously, you hang in there. You are halfway through the worst of it today. KEEP GOING!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marcher

ac0918,
I think BFD covered it all. It's bad, but definately doable. So keep doing it, and don't use.
I'm cheering for you!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm on day 4. It gets so much better! Its not easy, but you will get there. There is light at the end of this dark tunnel. You are not alone anymore. I hid my 4 year, very heavy addiction to percocets. The depression was overwhelming, but its lifting. I'm actually having a decent day. Posting & talking helps SO MUCH! Its been a major part of my detoxing. Remember, you are not alone with this anymore! These people are amazing!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goingtobeok View Post
I'm on day 4. It gets so much better! Its not easy, but you will get there. There is light at the end of this dark tunnel. You are not alone anymore. I hid my 4 year, very heavy addiction to percocets. The depression was overwhelming, but its lifting. I'm actually having a decent day. Posting & talking helps SO MUCH! Its been a major part of my detoxing. Remember, you are not alone with this anymore! These people are amazing!
I right there with you .... day 4. I feel like I'm determined to get to day 30 this time.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We can do this! Day has been decent. I finally have gotten to a place where I want my life back, more than I want another pill. The emotional side is the worst. These black clouds I was living under got so long, are finally lifting! I can truly see the light! This site has done wonders for me. You all are amazing! I felt so alone & shamed for so long & now that is being replaced with hope! WE CAN DO THIS! We WILL get back to living & happiness! Stay strong! Post away, it helps so much!