Thread: day one... help
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1Dayatatyme

My experience with c/t withdrawal from oxys and hydros is something I did without telling my doc who prescribed my pills, and IMHO, this was not a good thing.
Be careful... I don't know much about you, but I ended up in the ER on day 3, when my adrenals kicked back in... I had very high blood pressure and rapid heart rate... since I am no spring chicken, I am grateful I went to the ER, got some help, and more importantly was honest with ER doc, who, not surprisingly said, " We see people in here all day and night, due to opioid/opiate withdrawals"....

BTW, I now have 42 days clean and sober... and I stay on SR!. I do not have cravings now, but from what I read, and my own past experience kicking other substances, that evil little addict who lives in my head can start whispering that it is ok to use again, and I never want to go back there.

If you read some other threads, many people on SR post their experiences around withdrawal.

You are on a good, safe site, SR rocks, and has been instrumental in my recovery!! Stay here!!!