Notices

Is it to late?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it to late?

New guy here hopeing that i have not took a mild problem and turned it into a huge problem!! I was on percocets for 11 mounths and managed to taper my self down from 90mg aday to around 20-15mg but with a very demandind job i could not take the down time needed to go through WD. Then a friend gave me two 8n subfilms and told me to take half of one the first day and then cut the rest into small strips and take them till they were gone and i would not have any WD! After doing some reshearch i found out that sub wd last alot longer than percocet wd and that i was a real Dumb*** for ever takeing them ! So my main qustion is will i go throught wd from subs if i go cold turky after only takeing around 1mg aday for the last 8 days? I really hope that i have not made a huge mistake by takeing the subs !!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So with 57 views and no reply i guess im in this on my on. Ill keep yall updated
Old 10-23-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nobody can say for sure. Many detoxes use suboxone for 2 to 3 days to help get people off opiates and at the amount you used I would say withdrawals will not be that bad, but I could be wrong. I am sure you will have heightened anxiety and maybe some flu like symptoms, but I doubt you will be out of comission.

Let us know how things are going and if you are overly concerned see a doctor. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Going on 30hr since my last pice of sub and i do have a little anxiety and a small bit of leg pain but outher then that i feel ok. Hopeing for the best when the sun gose down! Wish me luck!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi LoseingIt-
Sorry nobody posted, you are not alone. Like said, nobody can say for sure, but it most likely won't be nearly as bad as being on for 3yrs like myself?! (My opinion and hope true for you). I know it is not the most preferred method but my little advice and is helping me to get through- tell yourself you are sick (which we all are)- and just like any bad flu it too will pass. Then the focus on keeping your mind off the "junk". This is my second go round, and will make it this time. The first time I didn't do it for me, now I am. Keep your head up and when you feel like you are going to cave, think back to when you were a kid and fealt great and found joy in the simplest of things! It works for me- because I know in time I will be there again. I am on day 5- still sucks, but not as bad as day 2 and 3. It will get better. Wish you the best and rooting for you too!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

41hr in and nose is running but do to a few xanax i got about a 2hr nap. I plan on takein a few allegra and xanax and trying to get some more sleep. ,but so far so good. got some loperamide and promethazine pack for work tomorrow just incase!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think your fine taking the subs only 8 days. They surely helped your perocet w/d's. Your probably still experiencing the percocet w/d's at this point. But your correct. Take the subs only as long as needed to get through perc w/d's. 2 weeks max. Then quit it all. Otherwise your into the sub maintenance and, yes get to w/d from those, which take even longer. Get out now.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

55hr in and i have 0 energy and work was hell today. Its had knowing that with
One little pill all of this would be better. When do the wd peak?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

For me it peaked on Day 3, but had sleep problems and nervous energy for about a month... Just relax and try to accept you are going to have a crummy 4 weeks but then you will be FREE and clear!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hang in there! I am in same boat!

I am a little further and for me days 3 and 4 were the toughest. On day 6 now and made it through 9.5hr day @ work (not a desk job either!). I fealt better today, like just getting over the flu. Spent plenty of time in the bathroom. Last night got 5hrs of sleep, which felt great compared to first couple days. It is slowly getting better. Keep looking forward, every day, hour and minute is a success. Do your best to focus on how good you (we) will feel in another week, month, year. I wish ya the best and pulling for you along with myself. I am done with it. I am to the point where I would rather have a month of WD's than live the life of being pissed at myself for what I have allowed to happen. If I could have the money back from the last 8yrs my house would be paid off, stress level half of what it is and so on. I am looking forward to being healthy and happy again, it has been so long. I can't wait until a bowl of ice cream makes me happy, not a pill. Let's suck it up- take our punishment- it will be worth it!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank aquasport13 , what you said kind of sumed it up for me, What about loperamide , is it ok to take ? I know its opiate and dose not cross the blood barrier but after takeing subs whould it make me sick? and i reall just hate any opiates now!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I do not know anything about loperamide. Sorry
Talked to your doctor about it? I would just say hang in there. The w/d's your going through considering your dosage and length of time is probably a month sentence max of withdrawal with each day getting better. It's bad at first, but it gets better. Your almost there.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I really dont know how you guys do it. Im soo tired and my legs have not stoped hurting since monday night! I know iv got to suck it up and pay for playing. But im so ready for this to get better!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hang in!!! Day 7 for me today and actually no schitz!!! Fealt halfway normal (but lethargic) listened to Trapt song (Still Frame) over and over while raking the leaves and cut the grass (hopefully wore me out good for a good nights sleep)- legs and back a ton better! You are where I was 3 days ago- it gets better!!! TRUST me!! I know not out of the woods, but things are looking up, and the weekend almost here buddy!!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Music would ne awsome right niw. But its not allowed on the work floor. My legs are killing me and its takeing all i got to say here. If addreal or how ever you spell it is not good to take during wd im in trouble. Because iv been takein it like crazy to keep me going!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My legs are feeling much better today- (just passed day 7 now). I found 800mgs of motrin and a banana for the cramps seemed to help. Get some good multi vitamin B12 complex- seems to keep my spirits up (even if just mental!!)- I may go se doc and see if I can get a B12 injection- I hear it makes you feel great?! Hang in there, its Friday- then some mellow time! Weather here sucks (cold and rainy)- some nice sunshine would be great, but almost seemed "too bright" yesterday! We're almost over the hump!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

B12 sounds like a real good idea. Think ill stop but walgreens on my lunch and see what they have. Weather this weekend here is supposed to be awfull, So anyone would be lucky to see me out of bed! No one knows about this but one friend and he is still a heavey user. So ill just say its a bad bug!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have the "bad bug" too!! Longest flu I have ever had!! Catch up on some sleep, but don't be afraid to get moving during the evening and afternoon. Seems to help me to sleep better (till 4 at least??!!). I have been trying to walk the dogs, but we only get about a block in or so, then I am ready for the couch! Sent ya a message- have a good weekend bud
Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 5 and So far so good, no pains yet , but i dont have to work today so i got to sleep in 3 more hours. Sleeoing has not really been a problem for me as i go to bed at about 11 and get up at 5 m-f even befor i started useing. I just hope the worst is over!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good deal- glad to hear it brother!! So far good for me to today. Changed the oil on my truck and my dirt bike. Was thinking about actually hitting the water and do some fishing and listen to some football, but it is frickin cold in Michigan today!! I think a hot sub for lunch and some TV time is in order- glad your doing good!! Its getting better every day! Catch up with you later-