Notices

How long do these sweats last?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long do these sweats last?

Ugh! How long do these awful sweats and chills last? I'm 26 hrs clean from about 6-8 hydro 5/500 a day. These are some of the worst symptoms for me as they're the first to hit and generally miserable.

What was everyone's worst symptom?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had them for the first few weeks, mainly at night. It is your body getting the crap out, you just have to deal, takes lots of showers and stay very very hydrated. Hang in there, just think you will NEVER have to do this again.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i generally have bad problems with withdrawal for 4 days, sweats/chills the crawlies. then another 3 of restless leg syndrome. you're energy level might vary, i have never had much, one of the reasons i abuse narcs. one thing to do is not use again, this will simply prolong the agony. also i found it helpful to try and stay awake the whole day and keep a regiment. wake up at 7 AM drink a HUGE glass of orange juice and eat a breakfast a lunch and a dinner. i go to bed at 10 - 11 PM the 7 to 11 approach helps me sleep better, it ain't easy some nights though. i also take vitamins early in the day. don't be like me and do this to yourself over and over again.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first time I got clean it room me 5-6 days before I felt human again. The cold sweats and anxiety were the worst for me. Coming off Suboxone was worse than coming off my Lortabs.

I was clean a year while on subs, then 6 months completely drug free. I started again because I suffer from occipital neuralgia, which causes burning on the side of my neck, radiates to my ear and is really bad behind the left eye. Really bad after lots of computer work. Since I do that for a living, I was at a catch 22. So I've been going to a pain clinic once a month to get my script. Since I can't keep the entire 120 pill script in my possession since I'll eat then up and run out 2 weeks early, I now give them to my brother and he keeps them in his safe. I go over there daily to get my 4 tabs. Sucks but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Best of luck to you man, you will get there. Just remember you can't ever take an opiate again or you will probably be back to where you started.

Richard

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
Old 08-20-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opiatelove View Post
Since I can't keep the entire 120 pill script in my possession since I'll eat then up and run out 2 weeks early, I now give them to my brother and he keeps them in his safe. I go over there daily to get my 4 tabs.
wow we have similar stories. mine is arthritis. i get 120, but i run out in a week. i am so addicted that i am scared to give them to anyone since i think they are going to tell me no and flush them. my dad was the only one i trusted and he did that for me. he died in may, so i have been bad off ever since. bad thing is that i will go get on the street and that means stronger stuff. this is the toughest thing i have ever dealt with. i have managed to get to AA for alcoholism and quit smoking. the opiate thing is another story. i've managed to not do heavy doses and cut the ones that are stronger in 1/2s or 1/4s. but it is just a matter of time. quitting is an ever present thought.

side note i have been a pc tech for 15 years. working on ccna.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow

We do have similar issues. I'm a Windows/VMware Server admin and also have bad arthritis in both knees that started when I was 17. That's when I had my first of several scopes and first scripts of pain meds.

Sorry you don't have someone you can trust to dish out your meds like I do with my brother. Without his help I'd be in so much worse shape for sure. It's good that I have no other connections for meds or I'd be in the same boat as 4/day doesn't get rid of all the cravings since my tolerance has gone way up from previous abuse.

Not sure I could quit smoking yet but I need too. I don't like to drink much because my dad was such a bad violent drunk.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I started off using Lortab 10mgs in 11th grade. That was when I fell "in love" with opioids. A kid at school gave me two 10mg lortabs and 30 minutes later I was feeling incredible, I was wrapped in a blanket of warm euphoric bliss for the rest of the school day.

The next day I asked him for more but he was selling them, so I bought 3. Then come to 2 months later and I'm taking 8-10 every other day. That was my first real addiction experience, yet at the time I didn't know I was slowly becoming a junkie.

I enjoyed the effects of opioids because it relieved all my anxiety and I felt much better. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I ended up moving to Seattle, Washington so I stopped taking the hydrocodones when I left my high school in Florida.

I didn't experience any bad WD's except for an upset stomach and a little anxiety, didn't think much of it. Once I enrolled into the 12th grade at a Washington state school I ended up meeting someone who sold OxyContin 80mg's.

I bought 1 and I was going to snort a pill for the first time, but the person who sold it to me said smoking a quarter of an 80mg Oxy gave a better rush and the that the pill would last me longer, boy what a mistake I was making. I did get very, verrrry high when after a the first 2 hits. After finishing the quarter of the pill I was on the nod, I kept chasing that high for months until I had no money to buy more. After about 18 hours without my oxys, I went into horrible withdrawal, it lasted about 5 days and then I started to recover.

I'd say the sweats and chills should stop after about another 2-3 days, for you.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Longest I've had them for is a around 5 days, take alot of hot baths and sit out in the sunshine if you can - it helps. I also wore a hat indoors at night to try and keep some of the warmth in.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I didnt want to make light of your early
recovery symptoms, but I couldnt help
thinking about sweats and being a women
in my 50's with menapause......
sweats can last FOREVER:rotfxko