Notices

making a plan

Old 06-29-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

making a plan

Morning all,

I am on day 5 (my first) and after having a horrendous week (probably really should have gone to the doctor). Anyway, I had my first real good (relatively) nights sleep last night I woke up feeling better than I have in god knows how many years. Now this is dangerous as it's a Friday so I knew it was time to make a plan. I contacted a good friend of mine who's husband has been battling alcoholism for years (he was hospitalised last month and told he only has 3 moths to live if he doesn't stop now, but the first thing he did when he got out was buy a bottle of whiskey!). I though I had been hiding my problem pretty well but she burst into tears and told me how happy she was that I was ready to stop. So she put me in touch with a senior member of AA here and she just gave me a call and we had a long talk, she is going to come round to my house when she finishes work this evening. She is also a South African ex-pat here so that made me feel more comfortable with her.
I then decided to tell my mum where I was, I just texted her because I have been so weepy and emotional today I though I would break down, I am still waiting for her to reply.
So I feel I am now better equipped to deal with Friday and think I might actually make it through to the Sunday AA meeting (my first and the only one held here).

Anyway, thanks to all you guys for getting me through my first 5 days, I couldn't have gotten to this stage without this site and all of you!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

that all sounds great bokkie

D
Old 06-30-2011, 02:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Thank you Bokkie. The weekends can be tough, but I have found if I can get past the time that I would have commenced drinking and make it through the first few hours I will be OK. I had a dreadful experience last weekend but I made it. By the way I am an "expert" on sober weekends having completed 6 in a row (LOL)

I have found it helped to work out that Friday can be ordinary rather than "special" so as to undo the sense of "missing out" (which has got me so many times) if I don't drink.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,
Instant, this is my first weekend but I have someone from AA coming round tonight (at 7pm) so that will be a great help, I must admit I am fighting an almighty battle in my head just now (it's 6pm here). I find each day harder than the last at the moment.