Notices

Class of September 2010

Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thumbs up Class of September 2010

To all those who quit drinking/drugging this month, why not join the class of September. Give and get support from those on this journey with you. It helps to have 'classmates' to hang with. Come on in and join the class if you quit drinking this month.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hola
Old 09-09-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hello, I am in...6 days now!!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WTG Mama36!!! There's must be other September '10 quitters. Come on in - the water is just fine.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

im a sept baby not 2010 but im still a sept mate .. hi everyone and welcome
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

9 days here, and feeling great!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me and I feel great, too.

However, I'm not sure I'm allowed to join another class. Is there a limit on the number you can join?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I kicked myself out of at least two classes until I finally settled down and quit relapsing. (and it took a while) No there's no limit. Just join in for the support and encouragement.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

New student in the class today!

Working on day 10! Congrats to everyone else for their days also! We are doing good!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Here I go again......day one..... Prayers are appreciated. Lazyboy
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Lazyboy -

I'll pray for you each day and esp today that you make it through without touching the stuff.
*Disclaimer: I'm no bible thumper so don't get me wrong. To each his own is my belief.*

With that being said, I have this wallet that my wife bought for me nearly a year ago when i tried to quit and failed. It has a square piece of metal sewn or built into it that I see each time I pull it out. It says:

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

I love that wallet. I can take it from my back pocket anytime of the day and just read that as a reminder of the path i need to be on and the assurance I need. I sincerely hope that little message helps you at least for today my friend.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

7 days sober

Hello! I'm 7 days sober after numerous relapses. This time I am very serious about my recovery and will go to any length to stay sober. Pleased to be a part of this group.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DJ1

Class of September 2010

I am not new to SR I was in July class 09 & fell off but I am back & re commited more determind than ever my new & last sober date was a few days ago

Still in the detoxing stage but I did have a good night sleep last night the first in a long while

any September new members Hi & to all SR members it is gret to be back reading all the posts giving me a big helping hand

thanks you
Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all you guys

Good to see you again lazyboy
Welcome to SR Cat15
D
Old 09-10-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations to everyone starting their recovery

Old 09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

7 days today, once the day is over, lol and I am going to my very first AA meeting in 2 hours, yikes. I am also seeing an AADAC counsellor, first appt is on the 21st. Had the shakes and a REALLY bad attitude all day today...maybe just nervous about my meeting but I am going. I know for sure I will know one man there. About 18 years ago he was my landlord and he lived in the basement, I rented upstairs, he told me then that I would end up right where I am today. He was MANY years sober and went to AA regularly then. I am positive he is still going. Imagine, once he figures out who I am (hopefully I am not easily recognizable)...I will have to say, "you told me so"...you and foolish...now 36 and living the way EVERYONE knew I would, everyone except me.

I wasn't listening...
Old 09-10-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

If he is at your meeting, and if he does recognize you, I'd hope his recovery would be good enough that he wouldn't put you down, D, or 'I told you so'...we're all on the same side

D
Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 9

Thank you, Least, for being so welcoming. I am still an active member of the June thread. I have joined many others. I feel you cannot have too many friends here!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

only 2nd day sober

Hello all. This is only day 2 of not drinking for pretty much all of my adult life.

I really do want to live a sober life, but not sure how as I have been either drunk or hungover pretty much all my adult life of 48 years.

I am a "high functioning" alcoholic. I have a good job and manage to hang in there, but I also lead a double life. Although those close to me know I drink too much, but many of them do too.

My sisters are coming today from out of state to celebrate baby sister's 45 birthday. Of course we are going to a club tonight which i realize will probably set me up for failure.

I'm glad to be here and pray I can hang on.....
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey better life...hang in there. Can't you opt out of the party? I know this may seem rude in some's eyes but what if you told them that you are just not in a place right now where you need to be exposed to that kind of atmosphere? Day 2 is 2 days closer than you were 2 days ago. I am just starting day 1 of week 2 and I am so happy that last Saturday night, while a drink would have made me feel better, I didn't drink and I just cuddled up in the house and watched the time go by.

I never want to go back and it scares the hell out of me because I know that people slip from time to time, but I just don't want to.

I know that we are not allowed to post a recovery story until we have recovered for a full year, but is there anywhere here where we can tell of our experiences and wrong doings? Obviously that would be a bit of a long post...lol.

Anyway better life, back on topic...please don't let go of those 2 days...please don't because when you let go you are allowing yourself to let it take over...you have to take over and get help.