Notices

Class of September 2010

Old 09-16-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I will say...its hard, this morning was harder than yesterday...I'm already sick of my brother and friends calling me asking me to go to the bar although they know that I AM QUITING...but they dont believe me. So last night i got several calls to come out, each time i said NO. then, my brother shows up this morning around 530am talking about last night...and how much fun it was, and alll our friends where out...i'm like "nice".

more so... I have a problem with xanax, and a even bigger problem with drinking and xanax and all he did this morning was talk about it...not a good way to start my day off at all. grrrrr I just listened and chugged coffee while giving him a burnt stare

and the sad thing is my brother and i grew up in a some what sober home, dad's been clean for 22 years we were raised in AA and NA so you'd think he'd show some compasion.

I just need to get over myself and just realize that i had more fun with my family sitting on the couch watching movies with my better half and my daughter than i would have if i would have if i'd gone out. plus my brother looked like **** this morning, and i awoke with ease!

sorry for the rambling...had to get it off my chest...gota justify it somehow!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

That is a tough situation Nate...not nice of your brother and friends. It will take time but they will get it. When I was sober for those years people finally figured it out and left me alone a bit. One is too many and ten is not enough or "I'm a lush" is all it took me saying for people to finally figure it out. People who don't have a problem, or think they don't for that matter, have to be reminded over and over when you are trying to get better and stay strong. I would suggest sitting down with the brother one of these days and having a heart to heart with him. He may think this sobriety is just a temp thing for you and may not really believe that you are trying to make it stick. Make your efforts and wishes clear to him and he may better understand.

D.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mama36 View Post
That is a tough situation Nate...not nice of your brother and friends. It will take time but they will get it. When I was sober for those years people finally figured it out and left me alone a bit. One is too many and ten is not enough or "I'm a lush" is all it took me saying for people to finally figure it out. People who don't have a problem, or think they don't for that matter, have to be reminded over and over when you are trying to get better and stay strong. I would suggest sitting down with the brother one of these days and having a heart to heart with him. He may think this sobriety is just a temp thing for you and may not really believe that you are trying to make it stick. Make your efforts and wishes clear to him and he may better understand.

D.
Thanks Mama...my brother and I have a weird unspoken bond that we both KNOW that we have a problem...we have the gene. He's admits it, but he enjoys it just as much as I do. thing is, i have other reasons why i'm quiting...the law...and i cant go back to jail, i'm the sole provider for my family and i just cant take that chance anymore. I'm to pretty to go back to jail. jk jk, but in all seriousness...i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. my better half supports me and thats all that really matters. I've been with her for 8 years and at this point in our relationship its never been stronger. and that right there is good enough reason for me to keep sober. day 5 sober and no arguments...i've made a realization that 9 times out of 10...our arguements stemed from my addiction...

I just wish someone could have followed me around for the past 15 years with a video camera documents my stupidity...though extremely depressing, i'm sure it would have helped.

and just from my last 2 posts I feel better getting this out in the open. thanks agian!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Imagine how early we would have stopped our BS had we actually seen the way we were - I hear you on that. You seem to have a really great attitude and that is a great thing. I'm travelling right along with you...the support is all over this site Nate...keep up the g8 work!!!!

D.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hello classmates!! Lovely morning here in my world. You all are doing so good and I'm proud of you all. Today is #16 for me. Yesterday a few thoughts inched in my mind but it wasn't overwhelming. I had some spare time on my hands, but realized spare time can be dangerous thing. I thought it through and reminded myself that each day I EARNED ( <------get it?) meant more to me than trying to have "just one". It was easier than I thought it would be and my concious is clear for making a positive decision.

So, here's to day 16 and a nice cup of coffee instead!! LOL!!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning all Septembers! I am Soph and I am back after a summer of trying to drink normally.

I am a high functioner. I can do my work at the office, I never drank during the day, and I exercise, and pick up my kids at school and even take my dogs to the dog park. All great on the outside: very sad on the inside. Wine is not my friend but sometimes it's been the one thing/constant that I use to help make friends or see friends or date men or whatever I use it for..and have since college.

Anyway I am back, committed, and happy to join the September 2010 family. (I wrote team and then changed it to family

I am on Day 4 and have been sleeping great although evenings are toughest. Eating more than usual to keep stomach full! Good but bad - you know what I mean!

Hugs to all...Soph
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning Soph and welcome to the class!! We are all here to support you and each other. I'm happy you are here and proud of your day 4. Keep up the effort cause it's worth it!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey, I think this sounds better:

Instead of 'keep up the effort cause it's worth it', how about:

"Keep up the effort cause YOUR worth it."

Has a nice ring to it, I think.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

welcome soph, and congrats on day four! keep that belly full of high protein, healthy fats and lower carbs and you wont gain to much...i promise the empty cals from tha alcohol is much much worse! lol, I'm kind of a health freak (yea i know and alcoholic that tries to eat right har har har) but i try to stick with a 60/20/20 Protein/fats/carbs...just thought i'd share

and agian! thanks for sharing and stay strong!! with every post i read i feel better about the choice that i'm making and i'm sure others feel the same!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leo21 View Post
Hey, I think this sounds better:

Instead of 'keep up the effort cause it's worth it', how about:

"Keep up the effort cause YOUR worth it."

Has a nice ring to it, I think.
Like what cha did there leo...it does have a nice ring to it!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Can I join in? I am on day 12 today
Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by christy7505 View Post
Hi everyone! Can I join in? I am on day 12 today
of course! Christy, I've only been on this site for 2 days now and I've already realized that they welcome all folks with open arms here! GREAT SUPPORT! and congrats on day 12!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Come on in, there's always a chair!
And things to share,
if ya care,
take the dare.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I am on day 3 sober! Can I join?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Fer sure, Ginger - always room in the class. It's great that you're on day #3! Hows it going for ya?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Ginger, welcome to September!

Blue is the color of Sapphire, the birthstone for September.

Soph
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I did in Thailand but not in this country :-(
Old 09-16-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
DJ1

Glad to see evyone in September hanging in

Today I woke up from the deepest sleep I have had in ages, cant wait to keep this up I may get to leep 8 hours a night at this rate !!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hello Everybody!

I am 20 hours sober! (Here I go again....) Welcome everybody, I look forward to getting to know each of you and I know we can help each other...WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:38 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey all days...day 13 here and though it was a rough night last night and a bit of a down morning, I had my noon meeting and took the afternoon off of work and feeling much better. The sleep thing is coming along...not great yet and still sweating profusely in the middle of the night, but getting there. Happy whatever day you are on...it's great to be alive..and imagine this...we will remember it tomorrow!