Notices

Jane 63 and friends

Old 03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jane 63 and friends

OK, Jane, Amy, Kari, everyone. let's go!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

i am here!! and exhausted from actually getting the privilege of the 500th post..
Old 03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm here! I've been eating, sleeping, or on the computer all day...so much for a productive day!

Still haven't been able to get hold of my PO, so STILL on hold for the apt. Decided that I'll just have to pay the $560 state income tax, because an extension will cost me "penalty and late fees"....grrrrrrrr. So, I guess it's a good thing I haven't moved yet and keep putting money aside.

Elvis is curled up on me, pretty-kitty at my feet, SR on the computer....life doesn't get any better

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-21-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

No Amy.. life without a kitty curled anywhere is not a good life at all.. lol.. only the best has them on every available body part. That is how I sleep.. one on the head.. one on the left.. one on the right.. two between the legs.. grr.. sometimes.. i wake up sooo stiff just cause I can't disturb the precious kitties.. who by the way.. already sleep what 17 hours a day.. good grief.. there is something wrong with that.. lol
Happy Good Friday!!
Kari
Old 03-21-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

YAYY!! A new thread!!:bounce Thanks **{cc}}!!

Not much to add here...I got in an argument with daughter and her B/F yesterday afternoon so now they are both staying away. I couldn't help it though as there were some things weighing on my mind that I needed to get out and after my daughter said something rude to me...well, out they came!!
So now she probably won't be around much until she leaves to go back to college Sunday...her loss...and unfortunately ours too but I get so tired of keeping my mouth shut and letting things slide sometimes!

Our rivers are cresting so thankfully there will be no serious flooding this time! That is a huge relief right there!!
I am glad the wknd is almost here though...maybe hubby and I will go out for dinner and a movie tonight since the kids are ignoring us! {LOL}

Hope **{all}} have a nice relaxing wknd!!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just got back from taking the dog on a nice long walk and met a friend along the way who was walking off some stress too! Her son is home on Spring Break also and it was nice to hear WE are not the only ones who have a kid we do everything for, fall on their every word, and cannot wait till they return for a visit...only to have them come in, throw down all their stuff [dirty laundry included!] and not see them again for a couple of days...and then get into an argument with!!
LOL! For some reason that made me much better!!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 03-21-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

awww.. jane.. sorry to hear you had it out with your daughter.. I take no comfort in knowing the attitude I am dealing with right now with my daughter will not be getting any easier as she gets older.. grrr.. of course I didn't really appreciate my mom until I was like 30... then I realized.. wow.. she is pretty wise.. and wow.. she was trying to do the right things for me back then. Hopefully your daughter will wake up someday and say she is sorry for being such a sh**.. it is too bad we can't do that to them... hehehehehe.. I had a bear of a day.. whew.. the 8 doctors I work for have a huge practice.. and of course fridays.. everyone seems to have GI issues.. so tonight I am crashing and doing NOTHING until like sunday. My husband won't be home for Easter so my daughter and I will be just hangin out. Hope everyone is doing well.. talk to ya lata gatas
Kari
Old 03-21-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jane, you should hear my husband and 10 year old go at it! And I know it only gets worse! I thought they were going to duke it out in the middle of temple last night.

You did the right thing saying what you felt. Otherwise, it would have eaten away at you and you would have had a lot of resentment. I think as addicts, resentment plays a big part of our active addiction. I know, at least for me it did.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Jane))) sorry about the disagreement between you and your daughter, but I agree with cc...when we keep our mouth shut about something bothering us, it just seems to fester until it comes out WAY out of proportion.

(((Kari))) well, I finally got to sleep with 2 cats, the chihuahua, and the laptop in the bed with me....I totally understand not being able to stretch out. Heaven forbid I disturb the precious furbabies while they sleep. If I come back in a next life, I want to be my cat, because I will be spoiled rotten.

(((cc))) oh yeah, if she's already like that at 10, just wait. At least she won't be as bad as my niece, because she has parents that actually make rules and stick by them (unlike Brit the brat).

Last night was really busy when I got to work..people waiting for tables. It calmed down and one of my "adopted nieces" I used to work with (and with her mom) came to see me. She's in college, has her own place and a car...and she's 19. I would feel jealous, but she's a great kid and besides, she has a car because her grandmother bought it for he.

When I came home, the sun was rising while the full moon was setting. We had to drive through downtown on the way home to drop someone off at the bus station, and got to see some of the damage the tornado did. Good thing Desirae's boyfriend could tell me how to get out of Atlanta, or I'd still be driving.

Have a great day everyone!!! The furbabies and I are going to sleep here shortly.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

haha.. Amy.. I totally said the same thing.. I am definitely coming back as one of my cats.. spoiled rotten little brats!! I am busy playing the self pity tape today.. cause my husband won't be home for Easter and my daughter is taking that fact out on me. .. go figure.. all my fault. So I think I will be boycotting Easter.. gonna.. shop and maybe clean.. and watch movies.. I watched August Rush last night.. was very good.. and watching Waitress today.. that is great so far. hope ya'll are good..and have a good day..
Kari
Old 03-22-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Amy, maybe it's just the name Britney, lol!

Ok, tomorrow we have a Purim carnival at temple and we are doing a play, a takeoff on American Idol and the rabbi grabbed me to be Paula. I'm so pysched! My lines are all ad-libbed and I can do that fruitcake cold! And I got to tell the rabbit to shut up because he was Simon!

Oh, well, that's all for now.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hubby and I went out for dinner and a movie tonight instead of last night and we saw "Shutter". It wasn't as scary as the commercials made it out to be but still nice to get out for a change so I guess it was worth it.
Seriously tho, where do theatres get off charging $5 for a small bag of popcorn?? Or $4 for a medium pop?? Jeez! No wonder people stay home and rent DVDs so much anymore!

Thanks for making me feel better about arguing with my daughter guys! I agree that if we let things fester then it only makes things worse when they do come out!
She was home earlier today {minus the B/F} and we acted like nothing had happened...It was nice to have some 'alone time' with her too so we could discuss some things about school and all.
Hubby and I were talking last night and we came to the conclusion that our parents must have felt the same way. We never wanted to sit still for long when we were 21-yrs old either, so why should we expect her to be any different?
I know that one day when she is married with kids of her own then she will understand and appreciate things more. That seems to be the way things work!

**{cc}}...10 is such a weird age! I really think at that age they are mentally preparing us for what lies ahead! Gather your strength G/F...and make sure you are armed and ready for battle!! {LOL}

**{kari}} Here is a site that might help with the excessive egg laying...
Chronic Egglaying
I would try several of the ideas given and make sure to provide her mineral blocks or a cuttlebone plus the extra birdy vitamins in her water! Please keep me posted how she is doing!

Well, time to get into my PJs and read my new magazine that came today for awhile before bed.
Wishing **{everyone}} a very Happy Easter tomorrow!
**{HUGS}}
Jane
Old 03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

and I can do that fruitcake cold!
Haha!!! I would love to see a tape of that **{cc}}!! Sounds like fun!!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

Thanks for the website Jane.. I am going to try about all of it.. she is sitting on 5 right now.. and I just got back from the pet store with some vitamins for her water and some cuttlebone, i am hoping she stops.. I don't want to see her sick. I don't understand why she keeps doing this cause she doesn't have a whole lot of light.. and she doesn't have the best cage situation.. it is really too large for her.. but the only change in the last year has been putting her next to my senegal.. and I thought my senegal was a female, but according to that site.. tiels are horny little devils.. and doesn't take much to get them laying eggs.. hahahaha.. sorry that was bad.. I just want the little turd to quit.. or might have to find her a home with a breeder who can take better care of those eggs. grrrrr kids!!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ten is a weird age. Six is sucking today too, lol!

We went to the movies and like you, spent tons of money. But we had to sit through "Horton Hears a Who" Ugh
Old 03-23-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Darn, I haven't been to a movie in YEARS, and I was complaining about the prices of popcorn back then!!

Had a slow, poor-tip night, and was grumpy by the time I left. Finally got tired of being grumpy, so listened to some music on the way home that I like, and reminded myself of all I have to be grateful for!

Got home to 3 cats running toward my car, then sitting at the back door, meowing, because I didn't get it unlocked fast enough! Good thing I'd stopped at the store and gotten them more food and treats!

cc - I can see you doing an excellent job of being Paula

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a nice Easter day! Daughter left for school about 2pm and I spent the next half hour sniffling and sobbing. {LOL...and just when I thought I was done with that stuff!}

**{kari}} I hope the ideas on that site help! Please keep me posted! I am actually making progress with daughter's killer Cockatiel who hates me! We clipped his wings yesterday and I worked with him for awhile on the "step up" command. He does pretty good the first couple times then goes into a hissy fit! LOL! Fiesty little devil!!

**{cc}}...LOL! Hubby actually joked at the theatre that he was sad he was missing "Horton Hears A Who"!
Agg...six is nuthin hun...I'm telling you they have a plan to make us totally braindead by the time they become teenagers so they can take over the world!!

**{Amy}} Don't worry...your not missing anything! It will be a long while before I spend that kind of money to sit in an uncomfortable chair and eat expensive popcorn like that again! I will just be patient and wait for them to come out on DVD like I always do!
Give all those kitties **{HUGS}} from me!!

Hoppy Easter **{all}}...Time for bed for this bunny!
**{HUGSS}}
Jane
Old 03-23-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Fur Baby Crazy...Meeow!

Hi guys..
well Jane.. you won't believe what my husband did. He got home about 3 am and when I got up this morning he removed the 5 eggs tiki was sitting on. Said he thought they were rotten and they needed to be removed.. I was like Oh sh** now she will work double time to replace them. The books I have read said when she senses they are rotten she will abandon them and then you can remove them.. but if you do it too early she will think they were predators and replace them.. grr.. but at least she is eating the cuttlebone and the seeds with vitamin so maybe that will save her.
We are sooo bad about going to the movies.. we go allll the time. But really it and bowling are the only hobbies we have so I guess that is how we justifly it. It will probably be getting less and less with gas getting like it is.. just stupid and crazy.
Well now I guess you can call the furrrrbabies hobbies.. those little turds cost me a hundred every week at the pet store... lol. Litter is the worst can't believe how pricey that stuff is.. should have taught them to use the toilet.. hahaha..
My daughter had a great Easter after all.. I did the egg hunt with clues to the next egg this am.. and put pork chops in the crock pot when my husband got home at 3 am.. let them sloooow cook all night in a cream of herbed chicken base.. omg. they just fell off the bone this am..so turned out to be a nice day after all. Thank you Lord.. needed to see my husband this weekend.. been having some pretty serious issues lately.. maybe you girls can help me with some advice sometime??
hugs
Kari
Old 03-24-2008, 02:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Last night was awful at work...extremely slow. Then my mgr, Lucy, decided to yell at everyone and I just yelled back (not very recovery-like, but she got on my last nerve). Tonight will be better, because I'll be the only server and for some reason, Monday's are good tip nights.

Tried to eat leftover ham this a.m. when I got home, and Elvis was literally in my face, trying to get some! Pretty-kitty is at my feet....apparently she doesn't like ham, but loves to sleep with me. She's getting fat and lazy.

SR keeps freezing up on me, so may give up and go to sleep.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy