DAY 3 (again) for me - is ok so far, very determined this time
How's everyone doin?
Stay strong
M xxxx
Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi M~ Nice to meet you...

Trudging through Day 5 here...
Meeting lots of fabulous people and drawing so much from them.

What a wonderful group. Glad ur here too...
Old 01-25-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well... a Majority of Day 5 has passed and I feel pretty good.

I feel like I'm at a "different" danger level than so many... I don't drink 24/7... I don't "need" it, but certainly I have the craving, which, to me, translates more into a "desire" I think... than a true *craving*...

I don't know??

I know that being here, facing the fact that there IS actually a problem and that i AM wanting to do something about it is a big step, for me anyhow...

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel I'm special or any better or anything along those lines... In a way, I'm worried... maybe I've substituted one addition for another? --is that one of those normal worry things??? It's difficult for me to call my alcoholism an addiction - it just doesn't fit my "picture"... but substituting thinking about or planning when the next 'get away' will be for my party-- and now sitting here, clinging to these posts, trying to find some sense in it all.....??

My sister is a non-functioning alcoholic and addict... Her addictions have destroyed her life. I'm now raising her daughter, her son's dad took him some four years ago... She cannot function on a daily basis that lasts more than a day or two - unless she's in rehab or jail, which she is often -- She has lost everything, her family, her self-respect, ...

I have a tough time putting myself into that category. Again, don't think I'm saying I'm any better than her... Until recently I believed that, in a dark corner of my mind, because I *fake it* MUCH better than she...

But now I'm admitting my powerless ness... my life's unmanagability... my utter LACK of ABILITY to drink for any significant length of time and NOT get drunk... and I despise it... in a way, almost despise her for being 'right'... and at the same time, I have a newfound compassion and respect for her...

It's all so confusing and difficult to sort into words.

Anyhow, day 5... getting ready for Meeting 3. I know I'm ok because I've never gotten 3 days past the hangover without blowing off the "i have a problem" idea... so, somehow that's progress, right?

Anyhow... thanks for listening to my babbling... off to shower...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am in my prison again. I worked another long freaking week and my friends are going out but I know i shouldn't be around the booze. So here i sit in my small apartment just looking at the clock until i fall asleep ugh.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi McRibb...

Thanks for the company.....

Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day two almost over - how many ups and downs can you have in one day for gods sake?
Feels like a combination of the flu and pms... I was so psyched up this morning I was thinking I might quit smoking at the same time, to crying in the afternoon, to dragging around the house wrapped in a blanket like an extra from night of the living dead.

Tried to do sudoku for awhile to pass some time - LOL - I would not recomend it at this stage. Now my brain hurts...
Old 01-25-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy to see ur still here with us Krissy....

Way to go~ It will get better soon!

HUGS~
Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

uhh I think I have made some people made because I kid around on here my bad.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mcribb View Post
uhh I think I have made some people made because I kid around on here my bad.
????

i haven't met anyone mad in here yet......

Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

well that is good. so what is up listening to any tunes tonight? I am listening to some 311 and other beach tunes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

sadly... no tunes...

The only thing I hear at this moment, beond the *click* of my keys... is "Summer Nights" on my girls noise machine as they sleep... Tree frogs, I think it is.

311, not familiar with that......?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Krissy and Dean, Welcome to SR. We are glad you are here. :ghug2

Day 8 for me... Had a pretty decent day. I am finally managing to accomplish some things each day without being "nagged"... (My wife is good at that you know) I either do the "honey do list" or

Finally starting to feel almost human... 6 more days and I graduate to the new thread. I am excited! WOO HOO!

McRibb: I'm pretty sure that you have never offended me. A little humor is good for the soul and for recovery. (Or at least I think so).

Take care.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

yeah the thing is I always joke around about the drinking and i guess you can't mention "Trigger" things in the chats or whatever that is. I am not going to dance around what i did or what i am thinking about but whatever I guess some people are really need help hard core so i will just talk about puppy dogs and ice cream
Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Mr. Patch -- that's FABulous! the "other" thread is great... i check in there, too... Omega mistakenly didn't "exclude" us, so it's fair...

Old 01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Mcribb... Everyone has different limits... All is well. U had some agreeing with u, I saw it.

Night all..........~
Old 01-25-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi guys, running late coming on this thread. now its a part 2. Woo-hoo.

Welcome krissy and dean. We're glad your here.

I just finished day 7 today. Almost day 8 now. I was posting on my thread earlier today and didn't get a chance to come on this thread today. I was so nervous over stupid things today. I was scared to death to call my sponsor and tell her i relapsed. She was happy to hear from me. She was worried about me. Imagine that. I was also nervous about a meeting that i went to today. That worked out well too. I even got a hug from one of the women as soon I got in the door. She was worried about me too and wondered what happened to me.

Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Hey I have two weeks or less back on taking my medications does that count

NO VIC
Hi Chance you can drop in any time you want. It doesn't bother me. You'll have to ask everyone else though.

Barb
Old 01-26-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Rob From Canada eh!!

This video just blew me away

I seen this clip in my local newspaper and it brought so many feelings to the surface, go to this page below and look for a clip called Listerine man remembered

TheSpec.com - Video

Last edited by mayorob1; 01-26-2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Barb~ I just replied on your other post, but thank you. I was watching your anxiety yesterday and keeping you in my thoughts. I'm so glad to hear that things working out in the best way possible... I know that they have a tendance to do that, but it's always nice to have the facts supported...

I went to meeting #3 in 4 days last night. --

--which raises a side question... Since Day 1 was spent in bed hung over all day, does it still count? hmmmmm....

Anyhow, last night was different. It was the same core group as the first meeting I went to - people I was comfortable with and really enjoyed listening to. That meeting had seven people... and I somehow found the strength and courage to tell just a little of my story...

Last night -- SEVENTEEN people (i live in oh, so, small town USA)... I listened... most stories were great experiences to know, --and be afraid of... but when it got down to the wire and i was put on the spot, in a way, ... in a good way... but I couldn't do it. I had all these things lined up in my head to say... but suddenly said My name is... and I'll pass...

SIGH

Earlier one of the guys had said how unfortunate it was when people come to a meeting so full of sh*t and LEAVE ~still~ full because they didn't dump it there... And in my *head* (i can't TELL you what a scrambled place that is, but look at my Avitar for a clue...) that made so much sense... yet I just couldn't get there when it came down to it.

Thanks for being here... Thanks for listening... and again, congratulations Barb!