My Bad

Old 09-16-2006, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Bad

G had his license suspended for six months. He can't get a job without some form of ID. He can't get an ID without money...So, I offered to take him to the BMV and pay for him to get an ID, so he can get a job and I could maybe get some money out of him. Ok..lesson learned.

It just doesn't pay for me to do anything nice for him. That's it!!! No more. He used his last life-line with me.

Initially, I was going to go into the BMV with him, but I had things to do and I believed that G's only intention was to do what he said he was going to do. I picked him up, had to get home so my son could get his homework done before my daughter had her ballet lesson. The plan G and I worked out...I'll drop him off at the BMV (I gave G the money for his ID and told him I needed the change back), he'll go across the street to a Temp Agency, and then walk a few blocks to my house, be there before 5:30 and I'll drop him off at the apartment on the way to ballet. Seemed pretty logical...until 5:30.

He didn't show up. I was soooooooo mad. But I think I was more mad at myself for beleiving him...that he would actually do what he said he would. He probably waited for me to pull out of the parking lot and took off with the money, probably didn't even get his ID. MY BAD!!!!!! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN. lol...I still get mad when I think about it. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS. HE SAT IN MY CAR AND LIED TO ME.

HOW COULD I BE SO DAMN STUPID TO FALL FOR HIS BULL SH!T AGAIN?????

Lesson learned and he can kiss my a$$.

sorry for the language.......

My daughter looked so cute in her ballet outfit. She started soccer friday too. School, ballet, and soccer all in one year. Is there something we can give them to stop them from growing up???
Old 09-16-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jessica, I know that you had the best of intentions. I can only hope that you see the full extent of this.
Remember - we live and we learn.
I hope that you really learned a lesson this time.

Glad to hear that your daughter is enjoying all of her extra-curricular activities. But sorry to say, nope, we can't stop them from growing up so enjoy it while you can.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes....I really did learn my lesson. That really pisses me off.

We should start working on a formula to keep our kids young lol
Old 09-16-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JessicaNAJ
...We should start working on a formula to keep our kids young lol
nnooooooo. If you don't let them grow up they'll never have kids of their own and you'll never get to be a grandma. My grandkids are the best thing in the world , worth every problem we had with the kid.

oh yeah, sorry about you being lied to again. It sucks. I used to always blame _me_ when my ex did something like that, now I know better and don't accept the responsibility for _her_ actions. That's big time growth for me and feels great

Mike
Old 09-16-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

But I think I was more mad at myself for beleiving him...that he would actually do what he said he would.
Jessica, he's lied to you many times.
He even stood in a court room not too long ago and lied about paying child support! So he lied to the judge too!

Actions speak louder than words Jessica.
He lies!!!!! And uses you!!!
And you let him.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes
nnooooooo. If you don't let them grow up they'll never have kids of their own and you'll never get to be a grandma. My grandkids are the best thing in the world , worth every problem we had with the kid.
Very true

Originally Posted by DesertEyes
oh yeah, sorry about you being lied to again. It sucks. I used to always blame _me_ when my ex did something like that, now I know better and don't accept the responsibility for _her_ actions. That's big time growth for me and feels great
The only blame I accept is that I should have known better. Everything else is on him. I didn't do anything that would have caused him to lie to me. I'd be just as mad at anyone else if they lied to me. I can't stand that!! He's no one special and I should not feel any differently b/c it was him that lied and not someone else. But I should have known better...and I will the next time I even think about doing something nice for him.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StandingStrong
Jessica, he's lied to you many times.
He even stood in a court room not too long ago and lied about paying child support! So he lied to the judge too!

Actions speak louder than words Jessica.
He lies!!!!! And uses you!!!
And you let him.
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW my bad...But i'll forgive myself and make it up to me by using this knowledge in my future.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Jess..I used to think that anger was a useless emotion. Not true for me.

This kind of thing that happened wiht you and G was exactly what it took me to be able to let go..completely. .

Its ok to get angry..what you learn from it and how you channel the anger is whats important.. for me anyways..

Do you really want to drive a minvan for the rest of your life, btw?
Think about how much fun it will be when shes an adult and you can go shopping!

Old 09-16-2006, 03:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG.... and here Im praying that my daughter WOULD grow up and out of this teen hell Im in......

Well live and learn....... progress not perfection.

Forgive yourself and learn from it cuz that is the only thing you can do. Hopefully it was a cheep lesson.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Always remember that G ALWAYS has an ulterior motive in everything.

Ngaire
Old 09-17-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I learnt that I had to be present for every penny I allowed John.
How incredibly draining! I have 2 children I didn't sign up for a 3rd.
Maybe this is the last straw for you Jess.