Notices

This Place is Weird

Old 07-22-2006, 12:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by El Gato
And probably better off than people who have never had an alcohol or drug problem.
Yep, going to Hell and back has it's rewards...
Old 07-22-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Like, what I want is to conversate about life after the bottle at a place I would feel comfortable doing that, which would be here.
Life after the bottle ... I have been able to do the degree that I always thought I wanted to do ... I have been able to get into a regular routine of exercise ... I have been able to get into a really good diet ... I have been able to be a better mother.

Am now finding that I have to keep working on my self esteem and being happy with me and not feeling like I have to do things to earn love, I have some personal issues happening at the moment. Relationships are hard, and I have found that I have been me in all the wrong ways, so right now I am trying to get my head together there.

Now I am also finding that I really need to take full responsibility for all things about myself. I am also working on finances and getting there slowly. Working on how I have affected my kids and can I help them grow and mature through the things that I have encouraged by my own immaturity.

Life handballs many emotional challenges and learning to live through them and get them into perspective is part of life after the bottle for me, a big part. I really want to get to a place where I just feel good and "normal" whatever that "normal" thing is. I know that life after the bottle should always include some contact with the bottle - so to speak - reminders of myself and the dangers for me.

Life after the bottle should also include some fun and light heartedness, I like to NOT take myself too seriously these days, I love comedy and live performances, I like joking around with people.

Peace and love,
Brigid
Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Like what you said, Brigid.

I have learned to take responsibility for my behavior, my happiness, my mental health, my physical health and so on. Life is much better this way for sure.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Standing at my crossroads

Well it's like I don't know how to be social or something, which makes sense since I truly never learned any social skills before I started drinking and during the drinking years. But you know I try to come up with a good topic to start a conversation, for instance and not just here, and um it doesn't go like I prefer I guess. Then there have been times that I didn't have energy or time to respond to anyone. So a mixed bag, I guess.

If you read through random postings, I think you'll find alot of people have also felt like this. I have posted questions that I would have like to have more of a response to and it didn't happen, but the answers I did get seem to be very helpful. We use this forum to connect with people in similiar situations so we can find our way through to feeling better, so even though someone doesn't respond to your subject, you may find the answer in other postings. I don't connect with everyone on the site, but I enjoy the support. My advice to you is don't worry about connecting here, just embrace the support we are wanting to give you. Hope you have a wonderful day and sit back to appreciate all the good things that happened today.