Notices

Please Stay On The Sober Bus Pt 57

Old 06-30-2022, 03:36 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

On the bus. I wish I was still in bed while on the bus, sleepy still. I did not sleep well at all for no real reason.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Mags, the new gorillas have passed quarantine, so one step closer to the public getting to see them. Apparently the females are mostly getting along. That's the biggest worry. The male - he'll just be glad to have females for the first time.

Sao, story:
When I worked at TGIFridays years ago one day I had a day like yours was. Every single thing I was involved with went wrong. We were super busy. I finally got frustrated, and when I went to the expeditor to fix something, it was a new manager doing the expediting. I used the F word - but it was a bar/restaurant. Everyone used the F word. The manager wrote me up (only write up in 13 years!) About a week later that same manager was in my (non-smoking tables) section and some customer had used a saucer for an ashtray. The manager picked it up and used the F word. I looked at him and said, "You didn't just use that word, did you?"

He said, "Touché."

I felt vindicated. If you wait, the Universe balances the books.

On da bus.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:09 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

The Wheel of Karma keeps on rolling Bim!

On the bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!
Old 06-30-2022, 10:09 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Purps,
On the Sober Bus!
Old 06-30-2022, 03:13 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
saoutchik

On the bus.

Thanks bim and everyone. I'm late on the bus today. I had another sort of bad day - I have lodged a written complaints about a bank, a solicitor and Transport For London today which was tedious in the extreme but now it's done I am feeling satisfied about it. I'm the worm turned

Old 06-30-2022, 05:19 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

We are adapting, dog and me both. I have been alone post burns-and eventual sobriety since Nov. 2015 and many years b4 burns when boozing. That, plus a truckload of mental health disagnosis- having a living thing is very out of comfort zone. What others, including psychologists etc, consider to be very difficult, dsyfunctional,trama based mental health status, has been my normal. Small steps.
Me and dog are on a steep learning curve.
I wAS offline all last night 'cos the large data, getting online-whatever is the correct jargon, had (another) Australia wide outage. The inner critical voice expressed extreme annoyance. Recovery voice kicks in to remind moi I am not homeless anymore, or being bombed in a war, or infirm in a wheelchair- so just accept, letgo of negative emotions and move on.
Attached Images
Old 06-30-2022, 08:38 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Magsie

On the Soberbus

​​​​​​

Bim, pleased they’re settling in.

PJ, I agree, sometimes we have to let go of some feelings that bring us down. It doesn’t come easy though when we’re used to ‘beating ourselves up’.

Saou, hope today is better for you. They must’ve upset/annoyed you to write complaints. I hope they take heed of your words.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:05 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

WOW! Another new Magical month to spend on "The SoberBus todaaay!"
Old 07-01-2022, 01:31 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Watching current affairs piece on TV station for/by Idigenous people on a treatment rehab (D&A) centre for/by Indigenous people in my little state of South Australia....the Ind. population have a 40% number of their population affected by D & A. It looks good.

Saw psychologist, seen her for years. Given all I've dealt with/am dealing with-re the major depression/anxiety, I am 'doing very well'.

Roxy was good,she had to come too. She can jump 6 foot fences and could get tangled in a lead on a run...also she won't let me out of her sight. I got to the psycholady's consult rooms early and took dog for 10m do her business walk. She was in the car for about 45m. With ventilation. I added a little milk to water- which she drank pre car ride, so well hydrated. When I got back to the car post consult- she was lying on the back seat, in no apparent distress. The another do business walk, then home. Add a walk am and pm, about 2h all up....she is sleeping next to me on da couch.Attached Images
Old 07-01-2022, 01:43 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Lovely photo, PhoenixJ !

Lucky you...Lucky dog!
Old 07-01-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

On the bus. Riley boy got groomed yesterday, he is such a handsome little man.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

When my internet goes out, or my VPN to work won't connect, I tend to panic. Kinda like Mrs Dragon when she can't find her cell phone.

Speaking of Mrs D, she surprised me yesterday evening with a new steel rule combination square and protractor set. Very exciting! Can't wait to show dad when he comes over, he'll appreciate how cool it is.

We are getting our roof, gutters, facia and soffits done this weekend!

On the bus!
Old 07-01-2022, 05:13 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Also on the bus. Grateful to be sober going into another holiday weekend. Don't blow yourselves up, ya'll. (U.S.- fireworks.)
Old 07-01-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm no expert but Roxy looks a contented pooch in that photo. I'm glad you're doing well also PJ.

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Saou, hope today is better for you. They must’ve upset/annoyed you to write complaints. I hope they take heed of your words.
Thanks Mags, yes I was really furious (long and boring story) I might get somewhere with the solicitors I suppose probably not the bank as they are too big to apologise.

HAPPY CANADA DAY Dragon Koala!

Attached Images
Old 07-01-2022, 09:02 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Same here PJ, anxiety is my major problem. Glad to see Roxy. Happy Canada Day for all you canadians out there .
Old 07-01-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

PJ, so happy for you and Roxy. You are good friends to each other and it will just get better.
On the Sober Bus with the best peeps!
Old 07-01-2022, 03:30 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I think the 'news' media create issues. There is a govt. ad campaign to get the public, especially the elderly , to get their third covid shot and this winter's flu vaccine. So media is interviwing so called experts about 'vaccine fatigue'.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:10 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

PJ did you bring roxy with you on the bus? she can stick her head out the window and smell all the smells.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:12 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

I’ve got two pups joining us…dog sitting for the weekend…for sure wouldn’t have this opportunity if I were still a drunken mess! Thanks Soberbus!

Old 07-01-2022, 07:41 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just popping in to say that on 1 July it was a year since my last drink. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement. I couldn't have gotten through the first few months without SR and the kind folks here are a constant reminder to me that it is possible to get sober and have long term sobriety. Thank you!