Notices

This Thing Ain't No Joke

Old 02-01-2024, 04:59 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

I can understand it feeling wrong/dishonest, I may feel that way too depending on the details. I do think millennials are less loyal to our employers (can we really be blamed, given the economy). But if you're on a salary and all your work is done, I guess I see it as you're not doing them a disservice by filling the empty time. That's great about the promotion though. Maybe they’ll give you enough work to keep you busy and make it worth your while

Sorry to hear about middlest, that’s gotta be difficult to deal with. Good job on not drinking, hopefully the anxiety has passed a bit
Old 02-02-2024, 11:44 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Middlest went right back into her hole for 24 hours, so yesterday was no treat. She called this morning bright n early and wanted me to pick her up and bring her to my home, which I did. I feel much better when she is safely located on my couch where I can keep an eye on her. She continues to refuse inpatient treatment, so I really don't know what else I can do aside from be here for her, encourage her to drink water and eat some food, all of which is happening. If she stays, I might even be able to sleep the whole night through. Is this codependence or just good parenting? I don't know where the line is. Maybe no one really does.

I have taken on a new project, but am at a standstill pending other people in regard to this new development. So here I sit at my computer wondering whether to log off or simply maintain a presence for the next 30 minutes. I've probably said so before, but what a weird problem this is to have. You're right about filling the empty time, I think, Cos. Maybe I'll keep my eye out for part-time consulting gigs. I'll bet those exist, too.

Good things about today: I didn't want to take a shower, but I did anyhow. I took my meds. The dog got to go for a ride, which she loves to do. It's Friday. Payday was yesterday. I have a roast in the crockpot and it smells delightful. Expensive but delightful. I didn't drink.

Steady on...
Old 02-06-2024, 09:31 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

How are things today?

I was talking with my kids earlier and they were randomly asking me questions about how and when I got started drinking. So I gave them some of the ugly truth. Told them that I wished I never drank in the first place. My son is 10 and definitely the most curious about it. My daughter is 12 but she's on a pretty straight and narrow path. Hoping they can avoid some of my life mistakes. But they have to choose their own paths, don't they? I'm realizing I have a major co- dependent tendency and that scares me. It's gonna be a ride. Trying to enjoy what's left of their childhoods.

Oh, and I got deja-vu writing this post.

Hope you are well