View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 11:44 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Middlest went right back into her hole for 24 hours, so yesterday was no treat. She called this morning bright n early and wanted me to pick her up and bring her to my home, which I did. I feel much better when she is safely located on my couch where I can keep an eye on her. She continues to refuse inpatient treatment, so I really don't know what else I can do aside from be here for her, encourage her to drink water and eat some food, all of which is happening. If she stays, I might even be able to sleep the whole night through. Is this codependence or just good parenting? I don't know where the line is. Maybe no one really does.

I have taken on a new project, but am at a standstill pending other people in regard to this new development. So here I sit at my computer wondering whether to log off or simply maintain a presence for the next 30 minutes. I've probably said so before, but what a weird problem this is to have. You're right about filling the empty time, I think, Cos. Maybe I'll keep my eye out for part-time consulting gigs. I'll bet those exist, too.

Good things about today: I didn't want to take a shower, but I did anyhow. I took my meds. The dog got to go for a ride, which she loves to do. It's Friday. Payday was yesterday. I have a roast in the crockpot and it smells delightful. Expensive but delightful. I didn't drink.

Steady on...