Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you EndGameNYC- and

D
Old 04-07-2020, 08:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGame

It's good to see that both you and Anna are still here.

A lot of people have very warm feelings for both of you, and not just because you do such good work.

Also good to see some of the people I came to know and care about.

Crazy times.

There are things that are worse than feeling so helpless; knowing that doesn’t help me in this or any other moment. Like everyone else, I’ve never been here before.

For everyone who drank so much and who caused so much damage from your drinking that you eventually had to stop, you know what it is to keep on moving through all the pain, the uncertainty, and the fear. And, if we’re lucky when to rest.

And what a great time to start taking better care of ourselves and others. It’s not like my calendar is full.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Endgame said it so well: "Their work is admirable, impossible, and absolutely essential."

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. I am more thankful than I can express.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
It's good to see that both you and Anna are still here.

A lot of people have very warm feelings for both of you, and not just because you do such good work.

Also good to see some of the people I came to know and care about.

Crazy times.

There are things that are worse than feeling so helpless; knowing that doesn’t help me in this or any other moment. Like everyone else, I’ve never been here before.

For everyone who drank so much and who caused so much damage from your drinking that you eventually had to stop, you know what it is to keep on moving through all the pain, the uncertainty, and the fear. And, if we’re lucky when to rest.

And what a great time to start taking better care of ourselves and others. It’s not like my calendar is full.
Excellent post.
Thanks.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes, can't say it better than EndGame has already.

All of you moderators are a real gift to us, and you have forged and maintain a community that matters in the world.

Thank you!
Old 04-08-2020, 05:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of y’all.

This place is very special and important to me.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you all for all the lives you helped ❤
Old 04-08-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I truly believe this website saved my life. Thanks to all who contribute to keeping It going.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I want to give thanks to SR, Administrators, and Moderators! What a wonderful way to connect with other alcoholics from all over with just a simple click from my phone and laptop! It has enhanced and helped my sobriety!

And it's ok to agree or disagree with topics! Just keep it classy and follow the rules!
Old 04-08-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Very simply, this place helped to save my life. For that I am eternally grateful.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Administrators, Moderators and Everybody on SR. You've saved my life too. It's been amazing. My life is changed already, I feel quite different and hopefully I will go on growing in a positive way. Love to you all (It's a cyber hug so we're ok )
Old 04-09-2020, 09:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I stopped drinking after decades, after I became a member of SR in February 2016. When I had a period of sobriety in 2018, I received an SR notice that I was 'banned for life',

After two and a half years sobriety, I suffered horrendous tragedies (no excuse) and drank again. I was on a downward, fatal spiral. An SR member that I reached out to, liaised with SR and I was contacted by Dee74, invited back in 2019, and the ban lifted. I subsequently received awesome support from SR and members and stopped drinking once more, July last year.

SR and the Administrators, Greeters, Staff and Members, saved my life, for a second time. How amazing is that!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Together we can do hard things

D
Old 04-11-2020, 02:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

That gentle touch, that wise word, knowing when to say no and how, making hard choices, and all out of the goodness of your hearts.

Indeed, your work is admirable, impossible and absolutely essential and it saves lives every day.

Easter is the time of new beginnnings and it comes at a time when we all experience total uncertainty and for many fear. This is the time when we need this place and each of you that make it tick even more.

We, all of us, past and future, can never thank you enough. But we can try.

THANK YOU.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Together we can do hard things
D
We can indeed, Dee. I remain profoundly grateful for the part that you, Anna and SR, played in that togetherness and consequent lightening of my burden last year. ❤️
Old 04-12-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I echo all of this. I know I have had a few run-ins with Mods on here and it's hard to appreciate how impressive it is that they remain patient and supportive when your addicted brain is telling you the world is against you. Cheers all.