Notices

The Sober Easter Weekend 'Rona Check In Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Sober Easter Weekend 'Rona Check In Thread

Day two of my three day weekend. Focus is cleaning out a "junk" closet that has plagued me for years. Have some bins of stuff stacked in various corners of other rooms that is getting moved to said closet. Then to clean off my desk, file paperwork and have a huge bonfire of all the trash I'm getting rid of.

Also plan to make some potato filling this afternoon. I make a few batches every year for family gatherings, but with the 'Rona, we won't be doing that too soon. Hope I can at least drop some off with my elderly parents tomorrow morning.

Surfin' the web, watching a few episodes of shows on the Roku. Journaling, and taking powers naps. Drinking coffee and seltzer like a fiend. No stress, no conflict, just working on my own mental and emotional wellbeing.

And you? Your weekend plans celebrating (or not) Easter with the 'Rona?
Old 04-11-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just wish I had some Peeps.

This Easter isn't much different than all the past six weeks has been.

It is a beautiful time of year so I'll get out for some walks in the neighborhood, but otherwise staying in, staying safe. I do have to go buy milk, bread and eggs.

Join us in, "Weekenders," if you would like. It's an ongoing thread (we're here all week, too. ) All food and daily posts welcome.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2020-a.html (Sailing Sober- Weekenders 10-13 April 2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Samantha

I work all weekend so for me it feels even less festive than normal. I have no family or friends in the city I live in so I'm used to celebrating with just my fiance for most holidays but this year feels even worse
Old 04-11-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notch8 View Post
Day two of my three day weekend. Focus is cleaning out a "junk" closet that has plagued me for years. Have some bins of stuff stacked in various corners of other rooms that is getting moved to said closet. Then to clean off my desk, file paperwork and have a huge bonfire of all the trash I'm getting rid of.
Good for you. I had a big clear out when I moved in January and I'm just loving having minimal stuff. It seems to go hand in hand with sobriety. Everything feels lighter.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sounds like a lot of work, Notch - but you'll be so glad to have it done. I have a similar closet, but not motivated to tackle it yet.

Like bim, I did some walking & hiking. Strange times - but we're getting through it.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Finished up for the day. Now relaxing and watching an old James Bond film. Plan to do a walk tomorrow morning if its not too windy.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

I actually have a good reason to stay sober - I have the full draft of my grant proposal due by midnight on Sunday, so I'll spend some time working on that.

Tomorrow, I'll probably take my normal walk outdoors, do some qigong and a meditation, and make an effort to watch some festive or fun Easter/Spring stuff on-line. I think I'll take a "day off" tomorrow from the news and social media, though I'll work on my paper, and check in here.

Today I walked to the grocery store and showered, and I'll be making a nice special dinner for myself, as well as washing a few dishes and pieces of laundry by hand tonight in the sink. I'll also do 20 minutes of qigong and a meditation. I am drinking tea right now, and have no plans to do any work besides the dishes and few pieces of laundry, so I'll likely watch a movie at some point, or read.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great plan, Notch!

Happy Easter
Old 04-12-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sober style

I'd just like to say boo to this Coronavirus thing, boo to alcohol, and a big yay to Jesus for rising from the dead!

I'm gonna walk 3 miles and medidate 30 minutes, like I always do. Read some on my book, putter around on the internet, worry about the crumbling of society, and eat some of this fancy chocolate granola I just bought. It's got cashew butter and "fair trade chocolate" in it, lol. In my day we made our butter outta peanuts and ate milk chocolate bunny rabbits like normal people.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Woke up in a sour mood this morning. Stayed up too late last night and slept in too late. Rushed around to get food in the oven and crockpot. I hate rushing through kitchen chores, takes the fun out of it.

Went out the park to watch trains. That always settles me a bit. Not just seeing a train, but listening to it pick its way through the city west of me, trying to guess which crossing its at. Its like hunting, but for nerds.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
under new management

Happy train hunting, Notch

I hope it lifts your mood