Notices

Thanks to the Mods Admins and Members of SR

Old 04-05-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks to the Mods Admins and Members of SR

I read a post today which annoyed me.
Nothing to do with the pandemic or helping someone suffering. Just a dig at SR and in particular it's Admins / Mods.

So just wanted to say I have been on many support forums, mailing lists and recovery sites. Personally SoberRecovery is by far the best. The one I always go to. I have always found support and encouragement from fantastic people who are going through what I am going through or have been there.

And Yes I have had a post or 3 deleted always with a mail or pm explaining why. I broke a rule or offended someone (even unintentionally)

I suppose on a public forum even with rules you cannot prevent an internet / forum troll.

So thanks admins mods and SR members.

*You do a great job.*

Old 04-05-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
under new management

Hear, Hear!!!

To the admin, the moderators and the countless SR members that offer hope and support, common sense and, sometimes, tough love, I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Old 04-05-2020, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

Definitely agree! Kudos all around. Most of the responses and actions on these forums are good examples of recovery in action. Occasionally interactions are a good example of directions that I don't want to go in my recovery. These really bring home the message to me if I use them to reflect upon how I am doing in recovery.

My reactions to others contain a wealth of information for me...am I coming from a place of pride, ego, stubbornness, self righteousness, right fighting...if only they could do things and see things the way I want, then I wouldn't have to get so agitated!

It is all good...if I let it. :~)
Old 04-05-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so proud of ALL OF US HERE. We do hard things every day. And, we make sure no one has to be alone, especially during this pandemic when most of us are quarantined.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Invaluable work the SR workers do here.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also thank the SR Mods and Admins. I like the calm, common sense approach here.

I also like that people are supportive but without enabling. People have the courage to call us alkies out when we can't see our denial. We need this to help us.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Adding my thanks. The mods are much appreciated.

-bora
Old 04-05-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great post VMan, I would like to add my thanks too. When you consider that the site receives posts from people who are either active in their addiction or in the traumatic early stages of recovery this site maintains a very high level of empathy, sound advice and professionalism (even though most are not "professional" in the formal sense) so well done.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I could NEVER do what the mods do here. I am always stunned by their patience and empathy. Tip of the hat to all.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am adding my thanks to our amazing admin/mods. I’m so grateful for SR and everyone on here!
Old 04-05-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you guys.

I'm not even going to pretend it's not a tough job made even tougher by World Events right now.

It's really kind of you guys to take the timeout for a little support, and not for the first time

Like Anna said I am proud of all of us here.

Thanks Vman
Old 04-05-2020, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we should all be proud of ourselves for supporting SR and for helping ourselves and each other get through this pandemic. Every day is full of uncertainty and it's good to know that we can come here and find understanding and supportive people.

Thank you to each and every member. Your very presence here is helping others.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks you Mods/Admins and all. With COVID and alcoholism, drug abuse, families with substance problems, and all -- everyone no matter your continent has an extra hard time now. Thank you for helping us all get through this.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'll never ever ever ever ever be able to adequately express my gratitude to the moderators and administrators of this site. I found SR when I was at my lowest point, full of despair and certain I could never kick my desperate need for alcohol.
I was looking down a long tunnel of self-destruction. Finding SR was a lifesaver. L.i.t.e.r.a.l.l.y.

Forums like this don't work without people who are generous, kind, compassionate, wise, mature, and willing to say hard things in a gentle and empathetic way.
Thank you to all of you who donate so much of your time to keep things rolling in a responsible and helpful way. I don't post much, but I read from this site every single night before I go to sleep. Sober. Again.

Grateful.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just adding my thanks to the mods/admins for what they do and how they do it...
Old 04-06-2020, 08:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I bless the day I found this place.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I offer my sincere thanks, too. OurMODS and ADMINS are the best.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I agree, I had a post or two removed, once a whole thread; over the last couple years and it was always calmly and gently explained to me over PM with friendliness and a feeling like they were on my side. Not easy to do when working with alcoholics! We are an emotional bunch.

I love the mods here.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks again for all the kind words - it reinforces the idea we all must be doing something right here

D
Old 04-06-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
EndGame

Their work is admirable, impossible, and absolutely essential.

I came for the gift shop and stuck around for all the great support. No other place like it.