Notices

Just wondering

Old 11-19-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doggiema

Just wondering

Just wondering how long/ what caliber some of you guys drank to (how much per night)? Also, did anyone experience abdominal fullness, constipation, bloating or anything like that a few days after laying off the sauce? I have a doctor appointment Monday for labs and whatnot but I’m just wondering how long these symptoms might last. Also just general brain fog.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

I just found that every day got a little bit better until I finally felt “normal” again. For me it was around 4 months that the compulsion was pretty much gone. The anxiety takes the longest - I still wake up to rapid heart beats and night sweats, so I am not sure if that ever goes away. When I would think having a drink sounded like a good idea, I would find something else to keep my mind occupied.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pre-recovery drinking amounts has been discussed before. Here's a link to a thread titled How Much Did You Drink?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...you-drink.html (How much did you drink?)

Favorite quote from the thread:

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I understand these threads but you'll invariably find you're worse than some and not as bad as others... The real point is you came here cos you have a problem...
Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no use comparing, Doggiema;
do what needs doing.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was pretty far gone. I needed hospital care or I would have died. I was in ICU for 5-7 days, it's hard to remember now and in the hospital for 2 months(not rehab, the actual hospital) and then IOP for another 4.

Alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous. If you start feeling really bad, get to the ER. It doesn't hurt to check your blood pressure and pulse a few times a day if you're self detoxing.

When I got to the ER, I had stroke level blood pressure and I had a seizure that day from withdrawal.

So, not trying to scare you, just be vigilant with your body. This s#it can get scary, fast.
I highly recommend getting checked out by your GP as well
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Doggiema

my digestive system was in a mess for a while after I quit.

I had the opposite problem to constipation but the rest sounds familiar, including the brain fog and everything you've mentioned seems well within the boundaries of 'normal' for withdrawal symptoms.

It took me a week or two to start to feel better.

Do see your Dr tho - there's nothing they've not heard of or not seen before

D