Notices

Scared

Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Temptation isn't there really because I just feel like crap still.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by sadforldr7 View Post
I live alone and don't know anyone in the town I moved to months ago...makes this a bit harder.
FWIW, when I sobered up I had been in the same area for a few years and was surrounded by people that knew and loved me; but I have my doubts that made the process any easier. Early recovery is hard! The best thing I did was to establish a connection with people in recovery. The people that knew and loved me wanted to help but they didn't know how because they were not alcoholics and hadn't been where I was.

People here, have been there. We found a way out, so being on this site is a great start. I would also suggest finding a recovery group in your locale as well. There is strength in numbers!
Old 10-24-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey there! I hope you are feeling better. I live alone too. Definitely reach out to a local recovery group. You have a lot of options--AA, SMART, Refuge, et cetera. I'm 99 days sober. While attending a recovery group is important, I encourage you to make friends outside the rooms.

I have had luck with Meetup, a website where you can meet people who share similar hobbies. Wishing you peace!
Old 10-24-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aspiringwriter8 View Post
Hey there! I hope you are feeling better. I live alone too. Definitely reach out to a local recovery group. You have a lot of options--AA, SMART, Refuge, et cetera. I'm 99 days sober. While attending a recovery group is important, I encourage you to make friends outside the rooms.

I have had luck with Meetup, a website where you can meet people who share similar hobbies. Wishing you peace!

Thank you AspiringW & Nez...there is a mtg tomorrow night at 8 pm that I might go to. My employment makes that a risk for me though...worried about that.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to go - whatever line of work you're in I guarantee someone else in that line of work is in AA

D