Notices

Need to get this out-negative post

Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
In retrospect I should’ve listened and accepted help years ago.
Its never too late. Giving up is a choice - but you have many others. Ending your life is the most selfish act possible - don't make your family and especially your daughter have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Call someone/anyone please.

Make today the day that you DID listen and accept help and everyone will be much better off, most importantly you.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

After nearly 30 years of drinking I thought I was beyond hope. I seriously thought long and hard about suicide many times. Had I gone thru with it, I would've left a lot of loved ones with needless pain and suffering. Also, I would've lost the best years of my adult life that have happened because I did reach out for help. Instead of thinking about all the bad things, start counting your blessings. You just might be surprised how much you really have to live for!
Old 09-03-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

MF, it really is not to late if you are still above ground. I wish you didn’t feel so hopeless. Please don’t drink; stay and chat with us. There is a way, you just haven’t found it yet.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

MovingForward,

I feel you. I've been in the place of just waiting for nightfall. Recently.

Please don't give up.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have reached out locally, churches, assistance centers, financial centers, job assistance, federal funds, AA, unemployment.

I’m certain I could go on living, but I’m too tired of trying. My electric will be off soon then water, I’ll be sure my dog will be cared for but that’s all I have left in me. I’m only spending time posting to ride out the daylight hours and wait for night.

You all are wonderful, caring people. With an enormous desire and aptitude to help others see their way through sobriety and strife. In retrospect I should’ve listened and accepted help years ago.
Drain your assets and do county inpatient rehab.

what you need is a social worker. Get one. Google it. go to the hospital and request one. Tell the docs you've gotten yourself in a desperate situation and you need detox, a social worker and a plan.

YOU are not giving up. Your alcohol addiction will drive you to homelessness and death. Your alcohol addiction embodies evil, do you understand that? Giving up your last stash of cash for the thing that wants you miserable and dead...giving up your cash to the demon.

YOU are still in there. find her.

Also usually you can't take another person's children more than 80 miles away. That is CA law but it can't be much different where you are. Dont just blindly allow your ex to make it impossible for you to visit. Your kids need a sober mom: don't care how old they are. the sober mother you are is IN THERE. Fight for her instead of fighting for your addiction.

Everything in your post: the giving up, the shame, the pity: is all alcohol addiction, not you.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Drain your assets and do county inpatient rehab.

what you need is a social worker. Get one. Google it. go to the hospital and request one. Tell the docs you've gotten yourself in a desperate situation and you need detox, a social worker and a plan.

YOU are not giving up. Your alcohol addiction will drive you to homelessness and death. Your alcohol addiction embodies evil, do you understand that? Giving up your last stash of cash for the thing that wants you miserable and dead...giving up your cash to the demon.

YOU are still in there. find her.

Also usually you can't take another person's children more than 80 miles away. That is CA law but it can't be much different where you are. Dont just blindly allow your ex to make it impossible for you to visit. Your kids need a sober mom: don't care how old they are. the sober mother you are is IN THERE. Fight for her instead of fighting for your addiction.

Everything in your post: the giving up, the shame, the pity: is all alcohol addiction, not you.
I appreciate your taking time to reply.

There are no assets, everything has been sold but the house. I have about 10 bucks in change that I found.
I don't need detox, have been sober for some time now.
I currently don't qualify for social services.
This isn't CA and he can take her as far as he'd like as long as I get 30 days notice.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your pain.

I have been there.

But suicide isn't an option for parents. Its part of the contract.

Dig deeper.

I know living is hard. I know.

But please don't do this to your daughter.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're hurting MF.

So I just want to be straight forward. The one thing that pretty much all of your threads have in common is the seeming refusal to seek help. I think you see that. But do you see that this thread is no different? You've had lots of suggestions and you continue to hold fast to the belief that you cannot get help. Or you don't want help. Or you can't get help because of your location, or your dogs, or your kids, or your ex. I do understand helplessness....especially the learned kind. I'm not trying to be harsh.

You still have the internet. Google the salvation army. Call them. Ask for help. Spend you last 10 bucks on a bus ticket.

Or not. Either way I will send positive thoughts out to the universe for you.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you are feeling so low. I do wish you'd re-consider taking some of the advice offered here. I think that calling The Salvation Army in your city/town would be a great idea. There are people who will help you. Please take a look at the links below:

http://www.suicide.org/

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Old 09-03-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Addiction loves victims. There are many people here who are victims, and unwilling to give up their victimhood for sobriety.

Your addiction positively loves the victim angle. People rush to support and you can claim an inability to quit due to trauma, unforeseen circumstances, poverty, abuse, etc.

But. there's one problem. Moving ahead in life is possible for everyone. all you need is

1. Good health, or at least enough health to function alone with activities of daily living and,

2. A clear head.

If you have those two things and you still believe you are helpless, you are a victim.

Be the oppressor, not the victim.

Oppress the addiction.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your thoughts
Old 09-03-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MovingForward - I pray you will reconsider & remain part of the world. As hopeless as you may feel, things can still turn around. You are needed on this Earth, despite what you may be feeling right now.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Please. Please. With tears in my eyes. I urge you to get help. You matter. Please.

Save yourself from yourself. You can do it.

Call 911.

Now.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Eve123

Things can get better. Don’t give up. Please ask for help life can get better hold on to hope
Old 09-03-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Movingforward. I will wish I could do more but thoughts, prayers and virtual hugs heading your way.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

MF....I'm so sorry you feel so low. Stayingsassy gave you brilliant advice. You can do this with a clear head. Get help....you can do it. You don't have to feel that way. I used to feel that way....but with the right meds it made a HUGE difference. You don't have to feel this way....you can find your way out of this- please do this for your daughter. Sending you lots of prayers. We care.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Think about for a sec - you've got ample time and resources to sit here and argue about why you can't do anything - why not take that time and do something?
Agree.

Do you want to live? You can.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Please check out this link. Find a location nearest to you and call them. Help is available. The Salvation Army has free rehab and you will be provided food, shelter, counseling and employment. Please check it out.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/combat-addiction/
Old 09-03-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Please check out this link. Find a location nearest to you and call them. Help is available. The Salvation Army has free rehab and you will be provided food, shelter, counseling and employment. Please check it out.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/combat-addiction/
Thank you for the link, the closest assistance is about 100 miles from me
Old 09-03-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you for the link, the closest assistance is about 100 miles from me
So maybe you need to go 100 miles from you. Extraordinary problems require extraordinary solutions. You mentioned that you will be losing your home soon anyway, correct? The Salvation Army would be able to help you. And if you have enough money to maintain internet connections and purchase alcohol, you could likely get a bus ticket someplace that has more help

Bottom line MF - it doesn't matter how many times you tell us that something won't work or that you can'tor won't do it. We will keep coming up with other options - because that's what we do -support people.