Notices

Hi, all

Old 08-15-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Eight. Pounds. Down. One week of atkins. Today I add in 8 carbs per day for the second week.

I'll take it. Though still looking a bit matronly in that size 10 dress. It is what it is!

Deadlifts today no matter what. Plate sit ups and bicycles, and perhaps some farmers carries, then back to that deadhang! I don't care if it's 10 pm, this work out is happening.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Best of all: one week into low carb diet and no real cravings for alcohol. Lots of alcohol thoughts and drinking thoughts popping up as expected: but the craving is gone and I have enough blessed space between alcohol and this change in diet.

Last time I committed to low carb eating, about 9-10 days in, I began drinking again and found I could still lose weight dieting and drinking. I lost 50 pounds in 3 months, got compliments from everyone, and my drinking worsened. and worsened. And there wasn't much room for it to get worse without it becoming a disaster to begin with.

It makes sense that I put on weight, that I didn't diet, while recovering from alcohol. The trigger was such a strong one: hunger response= alcohol binge, that if I didn't get some time it was never going to work. alcohol sobriety had to be first, so i set aside everything else.

Exercise helped a lot, I think that's the reason I was able to keep it from a much larger weight gain. I rapidly gain weight in the presence of cabohydrates, so doing cross fit helped keep that gain in one year to only 30. I put on 60 in four months after getting sober once....I'm going to survive that coming famine for sure, when climate change wipes out all fresh food and I'm surviving on Twinkies I will be the last girl standing!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Man, did I hit a wall. I crashed the last day of two, just utter exhaustion, unable to finish my work because I had to go to bed and woke up way behind in my charting with some very irritated coworkers.

I don't have energy to do any house chores or even get out of bed.

I don't have any balance yet and I am almost at a year of sobriety. I don't mean to be triggering but it seems self care is so much harder after getting sober. Not that drinking too much is ever a solution, it just "fixed" things and I still don't have a handle on those things.

Just venting I guess.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
under new management

(((sassy)))

I don't post much about how long it took me to get some regular stability going on after I stopped drinking.

One year in and I was still trying to find balance.

I continued to persevere and now, three + years in, I am feeling steady.

I know you will continue to persevere so I am just saying "I get it"!

Old 08-17-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I get it too.

I also think Atkins is tough.

Really. tough. I had no energy.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I feel your pain Sassy.

I hit the wall today. Enough is enough. I'm joining my gym tomorrow and I'm gonna detox myself off the fast food junk while my fam is in the Poconos for a week this Sunday.

I just can't deal with the constant mood swings and bs yoyo s#it. I've had enough.

There's an old saying that people only truly change when the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change. I'm there now. UGH......

I'll say a prayer for you. God knows I'm gonna need it.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
I feel your pain Sassy.

I hit the wall today. Enough is enough. I'm joining my gym tomorrow and I'm gonna detox myself off the fast food junk while my fam is in the Poconos for a week this Sunday.

I just can't deal with the constant mood swings and bs yoyo s#it. I've had enough.

There's an old saying that people only truly change when the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change. I'm there now. UGH......

I'll say a prayer for you. God knows I'm gonna need it.
thank you bulldog, and everyone!

I'll say a prayer for you too.

After I went downstairs I ranted to my 21 year old who said "ok so maybe you went too low but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Up your carbs to a moderate level and keep going. do 30-40g a day, you did that for a long time and it was better. I don't want the junk food coming back in the house! Keep going mom!"

Oh, if only everyone had a fun 21 year old to give them pep talks.

Then weirdly: I seemed to have turned a corner today. Much more energy. almost no foot pain. Thoughts turning to crossfit...

Bulldog, why aren't you going to the poconos??

Best wishes detoxing off junk food. it's NO picnic. Hope the gym goes well. It will help keep your mind off your sugar/white carb detox!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
(((sassy)))

I don't post much about how long it took me to get some regular stability going on after I stopped drinking.

One year in and I was still trying to find balance.

I continued to persevere and now, three + years in, I am feeling steady.

I know you will continue to persevere so I am just saying "I get it"!

Thank you. That helps. I "know" a year is still early, but then a part of me is just like goddamnnit why can't I get an effing grip already?? But I'm better today.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
I get it too.

I also think Atkins is tough.

Really. tough. I had no energy.
Yeah. It was the right idea, but I knew while I was doing it that it was too low for me. I upped the carb count a bit with some cottage cheese, nuts, extra veggies and it feels like night and day with my energy, even though I didn't go much higher.

I don't like moderation. Does that make sense to anyone here, that I might have an issue or two with moderation?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post

Bulldog, why aren't you going to the poconos??

Best wishes detoxing off junk food. it's NO picnic. Hope the gym goes well. It will help keep your mind off your sugar/white carb detox!

It's a "girls" vacation that my mother in law does every year. She has a couple of lake houses , so they get all the women from that side of her family- cousins, aunts, grandmas, grand-daughters, etc. together and they all have a week on the lake.

I kinda need the down time to re center myself. This summer has been really chaotic with mini trips and family staying with us and such. It'll be nice not to have a house full of females. I dunno if God's just messing with me again, but in my house, none of the women are in sync if you know what I mean. It's 24/7/365 PMS. I feel like my head is gonna explode.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
It's a "girls" vacation that my mother in law does every year. She has a couple of lake houses , so they get all the women from that side of her family- cousins, aunts, grandmas, grand-daughters, etc. together and they all have a week on the lake.

I kinda need the down time to re center myself. This summer has been really chaotic with mini trips and family staying with us and such. It'll be nice not to have a house full of females. I dunno if God's just messing with me again, but in my house, none of the women are in sync if you know what I mean. It's 24/7/365 PMS. I feel like my head is gonna explode.
Lol!! My husband also has a house full of females. But we are in sync .

I'll tell you this: pms is a "highlighter". Most of the month, we mosey along and just accept everything and let it all blend in with everything else. Even though there's tons of stuff that's lame or unfair or really crazy annoying, we let it go. Then pms hits. Cue the big yellow highlighter...drawing big neon lines over THIS and THAT and omg go away and leave me alone, my life is a huge, nasty pile of unfairness and it is utterly my husband's fault.

Also: my husband tells me (after 23 years of this) that he feels he somehow gets physically influenced by my hormones and what my hormones "feel like doing" at any given moment. At times his mood will change just moments before mine because someone how he's just in the mess of my hormones also. This relates to almost anything my hormones feel like doing: he is on the wavelength. He's totally not an intuitive or sensitive person (or even that nice very often) so for him to say that means it's happening. Weirdness.

enjoy your alone time....