Notices

What I did to stay sober today

Old 04-24-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hi there here is what I did today in order to remain sober:

woke up committed to recovery.

had a decent feed and rode my bike down to see the outpatient therapist and engage in some reflection upon my decision to leave my partner, the reasons for which I have alluded to in another post. received confirmation of it being a sound decision, and the fact that feeling ****** about how my life is at present is something that needs to be felt and processed, that regret is useful however self pity is useless.

had a cup of coffee and felt really sad about how I put my ex through heaps of unnecessary ****, but felt good that I have taken some concerted action to cease it. it feels good doing the right thing, and not being selfish and self centered for once.

came home and spent some time on sr, and practised some gratitude.

reminded my self that forward motion is the only way forward, and watched a movie for some downtime.

Thanks

Vandermast.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I was in Costco yesterday. It was a beautiful spring day and my AV was poking me in the side to buy alcohol. I bought a cake instead covered with strawberries and blueberries. It was actually cheaper than the alcohol.

Take that AV!

(had my piece and gave the rest to my daughter and children. Couldn't do that with alcohol).

Last edited by Ladysadie; 04-25-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-26-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

hard day today

urges and cravings everywhere.

stayed at home and checked out sr til lunchtime, went to dentist

came home, had a nap

back on sr

meditation tonight and thanks for another sober day

Vandermast
Old 04-26-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

When I woke up this morning, I asked God what He wanted me to do today. This evening I went to an AA meeting in the detox ward at the local hospital. Met two newcomers and was filled with hope.

One was already doing what I had seen work very well for others in the same situation. Recently discharged, she was back trying to help others, and has a really solid home group.

The other was a lovely man from overseas who has struggled for a while with the first step. He sounded just like another newcomer I got to work with a few years back. That chap made a great recovery, and I just got the feeling, God willing, that the new man is on the same path. Such a thrill to see these things.

Personally, I never gave drinking (or not drinking) a thought all day. I seldom do.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

not having an easy time of it at present.

keeping eye on the prize nonetheless....a better life is worth the suffering at this point.

small steps today...

rest when needed

failure is not an option as ive come too far.