Notices

End stage

Old 02-21-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you, your dad, and your family. Many prayers and hope you all find serenity.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Emlou View Post
And now I feel so terrible And guilty that he is in a cell and probably going through withradwl hell and it’s my fault.
It's 100% his fault Emlou. He chose to drink, which in turn makes him responsible for all of his actions while drunk. You did what you needed to do to protect yourself and those around you. Don't be afraid to call the police again if he keeps it up when he gets out of jail. You may even be able to get a restraining order to keep him away from your family if he's now a violent drunk. My best wishes to you for healing for you and your family.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Emlou you had no choice but to call the police. That was the right thing. Best to you and your family.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you.
He’s been released now, pumped full of diazepam and taken home by the police still shaking and vomiting. I feel defeated, But I know deep down that it’s HIS choice. He of course, has gone straight back to the vodka. So until next time, I guess.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You just do what you have to do, don't feel guilty.

My father-in-law was an alcoholic, my husband went through a lot over the years with him. I remember the hurt, anger, exasperation, guilt, - you name it, he felt it. I feel for you.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow Emlou - my heart goes out to you as well.

There's truly nothing here that any of us can say. What a beast alcohol is. I'm so sorry your father never won his fight. Of course you must know deep down this isn't your fault. No one can truly save us but ourselves.

Sending you love and hopes of peace and perhaps something deep inside you old man that can emerge and he can right his ship before the end.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Update...

Just a grim update and hopefully a stark warning for anyone that battles with alcoholism.

My dad is still battling end stage, only now things have got so much worse. Numerous hospital visits, for dehydration and because his nervous system is shutting down. He can no longer walk, has not eaten a scrap of food for months. Has lost his memory completely, talks to himself, soils himself, vomits daily. He is scared beyond belief st what is happening to him.. yet the devil continues to torture and makes him drink more vodka. I pray now, that he will come to the end. So much suffering is going on right now.
Please please please if you are an alcoholic, take control now. Don’t put your families through hell
Old 08-18-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for the update, Emlou. I'm sending up prayers for you & your family. So very sorry for the painful time you've been through.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

What a terrible thing to have to witness, lm so sorry Emlou no one should have to see their parent like that. Its heartbreaking the hold alcohol has over him. As difficult as it is to read thank you for posting your update it creates quite the reality check.

Please make the time to take care of yourself, l hope you have a good support system.

Sending much love.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emlou View Post
Just a grim update and hopefully a stark warning for anyone that battles with alcoholism.

My dad is still battling end stage, only now things have got so much worse. Numerous hospital visits, for dehydration and because his nervous system is shutting down. He can no longer walk, has not eaten a scrap of food for months. Has lost his memory completely, talks to himself, soils himself, vomits daily. He is scared beyond belief st what is happening to him.. yet the devil continues to torture and makes him drink more vodka. I pray now, that he will come to the end. So much suffering is going on right now.
Please please please if you are an alcoholic, take control now. Don’t put your families through hell

Thank you emlou. My heart goes out to you. But you have done a great service to us by telling us this story, from the beginning of your father's end stage alcoholism to its inevitable end. There are many here who don't really believe this will happen to them.

They also use the same argument "I will just die this way." But once the dying begins, they wish they had taken a different path.

Your suffering is not in vain. Your post helps us. I've been sober a year from alcoholism (at least stage 3) and your post helps me.

Bless you.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for you and your dad emlou

D
Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post. It helps us struggling to resist the urge a great deal.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

alcoholism curses/ed y foo. prayers to you and your dad
Old 08-19-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry to hear this Emlou! It is a cruel cruel disease and causes so much heartbreak. Thank-you for sharing with us. Will say a prayer for you and your dad.