Notices

Day 9 . . . The Good, the bad, and the ugly

Old 11-12-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan Bob, concentrate on yourself for a while.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd also recommend focusing on yourself Bob. Getting caught up in all the drama won't help you and likely not your mom either. Work on your recovery plan like you suggest..write it down if it helps.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are too funny! I quit drinking a little over 2 months ago, then decided 2 weeks ago that the smoggers had to go as well. I'm not finding a lot of things to laugh about lately, but I know that it will get better someday. Good luck to you, and keep that great sense of humor!
Old 11-13-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi, Bob. Here's hoping you're getting there with a BANG. Each day as they come, each day a new one; each day a better one...
Old 11-13-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Scheming not Screaming.

Originally Posted by Culture View Post
Sounds like a good plan Bob, concentrate on yourself for a while.
Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I'd also recommend focusing on yourself Bob. Getting caught up in all the drama won't help you and likely not your mom either. Work on your recovery plan like you suggest..write it down if it helps.
It's not my doing - i am being forced to choose between 2 options and there is a timeline ... that is end of month. I'm having to play with wording in my mind how to present my needs to an unstable person and come out with the best possible outcome for me. I may be asked to sign some legal contract if you can FKKKN imagine?!?!?!? because everyone knows that's how love between mom and son works, LOL. fukkin nutjob... yeah i will have to get my own lawyer to read this gobbldeegook cluster FKK over to make sure it is iornclad not reversible or subject to a POA sabotage, if that ever happened. and you know who the POA is? lol. where is that popcorn dude?

November is a CRAP month for weather, rain, dark dark days, dampness. Cold and damp is great weather for the AV, hibernation, and feeling depressed. Gordon Lightfoot only lives an hour north of me, maybe i could drive up to see him, get some help to co-write a song about the ship The Edmund Fitz-BoozeCravings?

crap weather, financial instability, dealing with a NPD parent, are good fertilizer for AV barking . . . but the good news is that the AV is not screaming like it was in the first few days but it is still scheming.

Scheming not Screaming.

I'm still in the danger zone of acting out on a thought bubble (anger, celebration, sadness, hunger, isolation, escape, self pity)
- it is much less than it was 2 weeks ago
.... but it is still there if I don't eat regularly.

on that note, it's time for an early lunch.

take care sober folks.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bob4x4 View Post
It's not my doing - i am being forced to choose between 2 options and there is a timeline ... that is end of month. I'm having to play with wording in my mind how to present my needs to an unstable person and come out with the best possible outcome for me. I may be asked to sign some legal contract if you can FKKKN imagine?!?!?!? because everyone knows that's how love between mom and son works, LOL. fukkin nutjob... yeah i will have to get my own lawyer to read this gobbldeegook cluster FKK over to make sure it is iornclad not reversible or subject to a POA sabotage, if that ever happened. and you know who the POA is? lol. where is that popcorn dude?
You do have other options Bob. I understand you might just be "thinking out loud" or venting here, but there are other options. Codependency is something you may want to learn/read about if you have never before - it's quite common for us, especially early on in sobriety.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
You do have other options Bob. I understand you might just be "thinking out loud" or venting here, but there are other options. Codependency is something you may want to learn/read about if you have never before - it's quite common for us, especially early on in sobriety.
yes you are right

i will walk away from my inheritance from my late father on your advice.

sarcasm . . .

Old 11-13-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bob4x4 View Post
yes you are right

i will walk away from my inheritance from my late father on your sage advice.
that's not what i'm suggesting of course and I think you probably know that, no?