Notices

Mr. Disappointment...

Old 10-29-2004, 01:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I truly agree with you thinking22,Ive always been kind of a drunk driving preacher about the consequences but sunday I drank way beyond myself and forgot about EVERYTHING.That will never happen again.I feel very good,kind of a relaxed state of mind without having to worry about what I will have to miss out on cause Im drunk again.I am trying new things to keep me occupied because I am very bored and depressed.Im healing good and all went good at doc,only outcome deviated septum.I bet my liver is in healing mode now too.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's good news, buddy.

Funny, I drank the same way as "thinking" too, always at home unless someone else was driving. And oddly enough, I could usually hide how drunk I really was. Bad part, though, was that you never really knew if you were hiding it well or not. For me, I never really knew how I'd be affected or not -- I could drink 14 beers one night, and be drunk but not sloppy or mean, do the same amount the next night and be a complete a'hole, blithering idiot... No thanks.

Homer -- glad to see we're both back on here...

Ken :hbones
Old 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Angry

Not to be testy, but do you drink like me dude, I think not. I dont drive cars even though I got a liscence and access- I bust myself up on my trusty bike at 2:00am in the morning feelling for booze. I don't go out with freinds cause I know where social drinking can lead-no teeth and maybe dead or someone else. Don't worry though, maybe I will and survive, and you can all give me reassurances. All my hopes of success to the poster.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

NoMoBeer,Im glad to see you are still with me on the "big change'.I feel so good,only problem is finding new things to enjoy,all I know in my adult life revolves around drinking beers.Ill find some enjoyable things soon.6 days today.

Last edited by IMHomerSimpson; 10-30-2004 at 05:59 AM. Reason: change of thought
Old 10-30-2004, 07:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I struggle daily with my drinking,and blackouts are a weekly thing for me but,I no longer drive after drinking.oh i have many times but somewhere deep inside me i've had the presense of mind to not get behind the wheel.the cost is too high,dui or killing someone is not an option for me.this is one thread of strentgh i do have over my addiction.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

...just trying to relate, didn't want to raise any hairs on your neck. Sounds like you may still be drinking, if so -- hope you have found some answers here... maybe you were talking to Homer about not driving drunk. I never did, I was too damn scared of a dui. Funny enough, though, I'd ride my bike (and that's bicycle, not motorcycle) just to go out for more beer. Glad I don't have to do that anymore.

For those who are still drinking, this can be done. Dig into the posts on here, commit to a recovery program and get busy. For me it's AA, but I know that's not for everyone.

Homer, nice to see you on here, buddy -- I'll be on here frequently this weekend, as weekends are tough for me. Heading off to a meeting in 15 minutes. Day 5 for me today. I really enjoy waking up not feeling like a truck hit me! although I'm having some major lower back issues (2 blown discs), but WILL NOT DRINK to kill the pain. I'll exercise instead...

Talk to everyone soon! :boneslft

Ken
Old 10-30-2004, 12:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

NoMo,that previous post confused me also.Weekends are very challenging for me also,VERY challenging.But,I aint gonna drink!!! NoMoreBeer LOL
Old 10-30-2004, 01:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Homer, reading your posts for some reason sparked up a memory inside me.

When I was about 30, I received a call from my doctors nurse telling me I was in the beginning stages of cirrosis of the liver. And if I did not quit drinking, I would be dead by the age of 40.

I still remember sitting on the couch, looking out the window. It was winter and a soft snow was falling outside. At the window feeder was a bright red male cardinal.

I still had the disconnected phone to my ear and my then wife asked me what was wrong? I said nothing. Can you guess what I was thinking?

I was thinking HOW am I going to be able to STILL DRINK! Can you believe it?
I was just told I was going to die a premature death and I still wanted to drink. As a matter of fact I did drink for another 3 years until I lost everything.

I crawled to my first AA meeting and asked for help. Hardest thing I ever did. But the best thing I ever did. The grace of a Higher Power entered my life and I have not had a desire to drink for over 16 years.

I am doing things today that I never thought possible and there is not enough time in the day to do the things I still would like to try.

I can only tell you that AA and the 12 Steps are the reasons my physical, mental and spiritual health have returned.

I wish you well, one day at a time. Mike
Old 10-30-2004, 03:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Bozo,I can relate with still wanting to drink even after hearing its taking its toll on my physical health.Ive had so many warning signs from fatty liver 2 years ago to high blood pressure to my recent elevated liver enzymes,and I still drank.I am a slave to alcohol.I recently got the strength to stop and am still hoping its not too late.My liver could be in real bad shape from taking tylenol for headaches and washing them down with beers.I have not touched a tylenol in a year or two although I continued to drink more beer as time went on.Cirrhosis is still in the back of my mind.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:27 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
On The Bus

[QUOTE=IMHomerSimpson]I am a slave to alcohol.QUOTE]

Homer, have you tried AA? I too become a slave if I pick up that FIRST drink.

Ask yourself what is better? Freedom or slavery? Surrender is the key.