Notices

Constantly Failing

Old 10-04-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Constantly Failing

So I would say on average I'm drinking every second day, easily two bottles of wine.

I'm waking up always from a blackout but remember talking to to my friends online and feeling so embarrassed because they could tell something was wrong with me.

I could never admit I was drunk, not sure if they have an idea.. No one has actually said "were you drinking?" to me (yet. )

I'm unemployed so I think the lack of responsibility to wake up early contributes.

I feel like my life is turning into hell. A bottomless pit of constantly waking up from a blackout and full of regrets.

I've never been offensive to anyone but I feel like drinking is putting a bad image to my character and self image. I feel like the unstable girl whom; to others, I'm probably the girl who becomes suddenly really odd sometimes.

This has been going on for years, on and off and i just feel it's getting worse. I'm extremely secretive about my drinking. Before running to doctors and letting the world know, I'm seeking help a little more anonymous first by signing up here.

I've tried restricting my intake but that never seems to work. Once i start i can not stop! I think it's all or nothing with me.

I'd really like to find someone on here who can start their sober journey with me from today. I think if I have someone else on board with me I'd be less likely to quit.

And tips and advice? People's stories are very welcome. I'd love to hear how you guys started.

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard.
A little friendly advice:
1. Change your username to something a little more bright and sunny and future oriented. You want to leave the drunken mess you behind.
2. Join the October class, if you haven't already. You'll find people at the same stage of recovery and if you're lucky, you'll bond and make solid connections with them.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Welcome aboard.
A little friendly advice:
1. Change your username to something a little more bright and sunny and future oriented. You want to leave the drunken mess you behind.
2. Join the October class, if you haven't already. You'll find people at the same stage of recovery and if you're lucky, you'll bond and make solid connections with them.
Thank you for the response
Can you tell me were i can join this October class?
Old 10-04-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here's the link, DM.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-pt-1-a-6.html (Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 1)
Old 10-04-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR. As others have mentioned, joining a class would be a great start and offer some companionship starting out. There is a success stories forum as well, but you'll hear lots of them here and in Newcomers as well. Glad you decided to reach out for help.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can quit drinking, you just haven't done it yet. Join the Class of October and post every day. Also post once a day in the 24 hour thread in Daily Support to affirm your commitment to getting sober for good.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-299-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 299)

And yes, change your username to something more positive. Something encouraging and cheerful.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with the others my friend. Your name does not have to be rainbows and sunshine if that is not how you feel, but it should be symbolic of a positive message in some shape or form. I'm sure you can find something that makes your heart smile in there.
All negatives aside DM; you are here, reaching out, creating a change in your path
Be kind to yourself!!
I am also new and unsure of the exact way the site conducts, however, so far I'm so pleased to see that it is filled with helpful, kind, generous people who can offer understanding and advice.
-B
Old 10-05-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello DM,
I know how you feel about coming here. I spent a week or so just reading the posts and trying to pluck up the courage to get involved. I can remember taking my son to his rugby training and sitting far away from the other parents whilst I created an account. It felt like quite a commitment. I was (and still am, to a certain extent) quite nervous about posting. Getting a response is a pleasant feeling that I really enjoy.
I'm not entirely sure how everything works, or even what the best thing to do is - but I know that it helps. I'm approaching the end of day 46 now, which I would have considered impossible at the outset. It's surprising how self-nurturing not drinking is. After a few days, the fog clears and you get into a nice virtuous cycle. The more you do it, the more you want to do it. That has been my experience, anyway.
Let us know if you change your name so that we can continue to look out for you.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrunkenMess View Post
So I would say on average I'm drinking every second day, easily two bottles of wine.

I'm waking up always from a blackout but remember talking to to my friends online and feeling so embarrassed because they could tell something was wrong with me.

I could never admit I was drunk, not sure if they have an idea.. No one has actually said "were you drinking?" to me (yet. )

I'm unemployed so I think the lack of responsibility to wake up early contributes.

I feel like my life is turning into hell. A bottomless pit of constantly waking up from a blackout and full of regrets.

I've never been offensive to anyone but I feel like drinking is putting a bad image to my character and self image. I feel like the unstable girl whom; to others, I'm probably the girl who becomes suddenly really odd sometimes.

This has been going on for years, on and off and i just feel it's getting worse. I'm extremely secretive about my drinking. Before running to doctors and letting the world know, I'm seeking help a little more anonymous first by signing up here.

I've tried restricting my intake but that never seems to work. Once i start i can not stop! I think it's all or nothing with me.

I'd really like to find someone on here who can start their sober journey with me from today. I think if I have someone else on board with me I'd be less likely to quit.

And tips and advice? People's stories are very welcome. I'd love to hear how you guys started.

Thanks for reading.
There are several of us on here that haven't been drinking for 6 days or less - would love for you to join in the journey. Don't feel bad about constantly failing or not being able to stop drinking once you start - those 2 things are exactly what brought me to this site 6 days ago. I haven't seen one judgemental or negative post in this website - just a lot of people who have gone through what we're going through or worse and have a lot to offer about how to get and stay on the other side - and how much better it is to be there.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Changing

hi drunkenmess! keep coming! welcome! i'm ok with your name! it reminds us what we are when we drink - i know it was never one glass of wine for me either!
Old 10-06-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad your here. Take it one day at a time. Develop a plan and work it. None of us will ever sugarcoat this disease. It takes faith and work to quit drinking. Support groups are great. Your dedication to total abstinence is needed as well.
We're here for ya!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

err

Last edited by SickBeingTired; 10-06-2017 at 05:56 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 10-06-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are things going DM?

D
Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Thanks all so much for the reply, it means so much to me ^^
I failed... a drank last night

This time I really want to quit. I'm getting worried because I have a slight pain under my rib cage and I think it may be my liver.

I'll join the October class. Really I can't go on drinking like this )-:
Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

It definitely requires a new approach I think DM - what haven't you tried?

D
Old 10-12-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back DM - joining the October class sounds like a good idea to me. You might want to seriously consider some local support too - meetings, counseling, maybe even an outpatient rehab program? There's lots of options out there.