Notices

How Much is Too Much?

Old 01-06-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

9 a day is way too much. I drank five a day for twenty years and started to develop some health issues. That will definitely happen to you if you don't cut back. Try to start skipping days, ,keep it to a few days a week. Then reduce daily intake. If you can't you need to stop.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
All I can say is when I was 27 the problems I had a few years earlier like a blackout and blowing it at a party continued.

By the time I reached 30 I was finding harder to get up. I couldn't bounce back like in my early 20's.

And my problems with alcohol which friends started to notice when I was 21 never went away. They simply continued and/or got worse.

Nothing wrong with having a few drinks to unwind or to socialize however I just never knew when enough was enough.

I didn't start the night out to screw things up but sometimes I would and all the signs alcoholism were there by the time I reached 21-22 years of age.

Good luck.
My story mirrors Ken's pretty closely. My alcohol-related issues progressed throughout my 20s, and now that I've hit my mid-30s I cannot sustain the pace any longer.

Jak, many of your comments in the thread remind me of myself at 27...knowing full well I had a problem and needed to stop, but still looking for that illusory loophole of moderation. For me, that moderation never came to fruition, and I'm convinced that if I keep grasping for it, it will eventually kill me. I'd rather live.

ABW1
Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Jak, it's so worth it to try, just to feel what it feels like to wake up day after day refreshed. To remember things from conversations, to just know you are doing something in your power to make your life easier to live. I hadn't planned on quitting, I was too caught up in the habit of 40 years to even contemplate quitting. When I did, it was not too late for my liver, for that I am grateful. I hope you gain something from what people here encourage you to try.