Notices

Clarity

Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clarity

I haven't drank for two weeks! But I just feel so good I must not ever drink because even if I have ine to two drinks I feel sad. I can't explain it. Nothing bad could have happened I just feel guilty maybe because I know I can never try to pretend I can srink socially maybe it my subconscious throwing up flags telling me its only a matter of time before a black out comes! All i know is right now I will hold on to my sobriety because here there are no what ifs and waking up without out a hangover is wonderful!❤️
Old 11-19-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you justme

D
Old 11-20-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober style

I hear ya, Justme!
Old 11-20-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep that thought Just'm
Old 11-20-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great!! I have found, my mind keeps getting clearer. The longer I am sober- just passed 9 mo- the more sound and solid my judgment, decision making and reactions are; when they're not, I can better "correct" them to solid ground.

Keep going! It gets better.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats Clarity. Yeah I found that once I admitted to myself I am an alcoholic my drinking was pretty much ruined. Didn't stop me from trying to 'recapture' the days of drinking with impunity however. Trust me, it doesn't get better only worse.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's great, Justme. It seems that you are indeed on the path of recovery. Those "dread" feelings are common for active alcoholic drinkers. I know they were for me. Good riddance! I also totally agree with you about the hangovers, even after five years of sobriety I still give thanks every morning that I don't have any hangover at all!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justme2016 View Post
I haven't drank for two weeks! But I just feel so good I must not ever drink because even if I have ine to two drinks I feel sad. I can't explain it. Nothing bad could have happened I just feel guilty maybe because I know I can never try to pretend I can srink socially maybe it my subconscious throwing up flags telling me its only a matter of time before a black out comes! All i know is right now I will hold on to my sobriety because here there are no what ifs and waking up without out a hangover is wonderful!❤️
It's one of the *baffling* things about it.. but really it's just chemistry. The way it interacts in your brain, at first it will cause a silly euphoric high, and lowering one's inhibitions on occasion turns out to be conducive to getting to know other people.. in the beginning! Long term use of it, or even frequent use of it over a short period of time, for some reason the chemical reactions in your brain change, and alcohol truly is a DEPRESSANT.

Someone in a movie said "Never drink to feel better, only drink to feel even better".. cause I think ideally one could have a little glass of bubbly stuff to celebrate a new baby or a wedding or a promotion.. But it really does depress you if you use it too much. It can change your brain chemistry permanently in fact and not for the better.

Furthermore I used to watch The Walking Dead drunk and bawl my eyes out when somebody died. It felt cathartic, but when I watch it now sober, I realize I enjoy things better with level emotions. I did NOT cry during the season opener, not to be a spoiler. lol
Old 11-22-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I say "you" and "ideally", I mean "we" could "in an alternate universe" not this life.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love the Walking Dead sober even more!!!
Old 11-22-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh yes, clarity of mind and the senses, sight, touch, smell. When I was a drinker, I lived in a mentally depressed, befuddled, dumbed down state and my senses were muffled and muted. It was akin to viewing life through fog; present, but not fully aware.....and then I'd suffer the ultimate loss of senses, blacking out, followed by passing out.

I thought I was losing my hearing, but the TV volume control is now lowered and evidence that it was alcohol deadening my senses.