Thread: Clarity
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

Originally Posted by Justme2016 View Post
I haven't drank for two weeks! But I just feel so good I must not ever drink because even if I have ine to two drinks I feel sad. I can't explain it. Nothing bad could have happened I just feel guilty maybe because I know I can never try to pretend I can srink socially maybe it my subconscious throwing up flags telling me its only a matter of time before a black out comes! All i know is right now I will hold on to my sobriety because here there are no what ifs and waking up without out a hangover is wonderful!❤️
It's one of the *baffling* things about it.. but really it's just chemistry. The way it interacts in your brain, at first it will cause a silly euphoric high, and lowering one's inhibitions on occasion turns out to be conducive to getting to know other people.. in the beginning! Long term use of it, or even frequent use of it over a short period of time, for some reason the chemical reactions in your brain change, and alcohol truly is a DEPRESSANT.

Someone in a movie said "Never drink to feel better, only drink to feel even better".. cause I think ideally one could have a little glass of bubbly stuff to celebrate a new baby or a wedding or a promotion.. But it really does depress you if you use it too much. It can change your brain chemistry permanently in fact and not for the better.

Furthermore I used to watch The Walking Dead drunk and bawl my eyes out when somebody died. It felt cathartic, but when I watch it now sober, I realize I enjoy things better with level emotions. I did NOT cry during the season opener, not to be a spoiler. lol