Notices

Just called samaritans

Old 09-02-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Amylu
Old 09-03-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I've gone straight to page 3 - Sorry for anyone I've missed. I'm here. My shoulder hurts. I dislocated it and have done damage to my ligaments and tendons and what not. Just what I need to start a new, physically demanding job, right?

I'm ok guys. I like to think I'm through the worst of that terrible mental state. Looking back my posts embarrass me, but I know they were from deep within. They are a reflection of how bad alcoholism can affect a person. I haven't really got much to say, but I'm here. Thanks for all your posts and concern. I will continue to post.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Glad you checked in, jimmy and glad your're feeling a bit better. Sorry about the shoulder, though
Old 09-03-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bunny211 View Post
I've been there. I called the Samaritans in April of 2015. Hung up the phone and jumped into a reservoir. I was intoxicated and the person on the other line had alerted the police who fished me out and brought me to the ER where I was sectioned. I am 15 months sober now and while I have bad days still, the good days are more frequent and life is much better. Today I was pinching myself...like..am I really sober and happy? Yes, yes, I am! I never, in a million years, thought this was possible. I am so grateful I was pulled back from the brink of death. I'm so grateful.
And all of this time I thought a caller would be anonymous and not 'traced." Good that you had a positive outcome, but anonymity/cops,stigma, etc???)
If this is the correct scenario I'm glad that you posted. Won't be making THIS call
Just me.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

The shoulder has seen better days. Consequences of my actions. I don't know how to go forward. I'm starting my new job monday. I just don't know where to go from here. Any input would be beneficial.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Dame I've made a few calls like this. It isn't unreasonable to think the person on the other end is actually a person who cares, who scrambles the emergency services to follow up on someone who isn't quite there himself.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are in a better state mentally Jimmy. Maybe the best thing to do is be honest about your injury and just go in on Monday if you can? Maybe they might have some light duty or office work to do? I have separated one shoulder an torn the rotator cuff in a other and I know how uncomfortable it is, time will help it heal
Old 09-03-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Jimmy,

It is good to hear from you. Sorry about your shoulder, will you be able to see a doctor before Monday?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Scott, Delilah, doubt there's much I can do but ride it out as long as I can stand it. I've been looking for a change of career for months. I've been unemployed this year longer than I've been empoyed. A slight shoulder injury isn't something I'm going to take time out of work for. Not a new job anyway. If it gets worse or really starts to hinder me, then I will visit the doctors (again). Should be fine for now. It seems serious as I can't even sleep properly with the pain. Never mind, I'll post back monday and see how it goes. For now, I'm just happy I'm sober again. I'm not happy about my shoulder, or my mental state, but it is what it is, right?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It'll get better jimmy. I'm glad to see you back. Don't feel embarrassed about posting... it's far better to get it out than to keep it in and make these decisions without giving yourself a potential out. And lots of us have been there. Go easy on yourself.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My friend Delizadee, I do feel embarassed, even though I got it out. I still made the decision to jump and it ****** up my shoulder. I know everyone's been there, jsut hard to sap it up now i've done it and feel stupid...
Old 09-03-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about your shoulder. Did you see someone about it Jimmy - not just the shoulder but the things that led to it?

I really think you should be seeing someone.

D
Old 09-03-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Dee, I'll be seeing someone about it if it gets in the way of work. By the way, "jim" is my nickname so "jimmyc" is just my username - I'd appreciate it to be called James from now on.

I'm going to drop into the local "alcohol house" at some point this week.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your here with us James
Old 09-07-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Did you have a chance to stop by the house this week Jimmy? Hope all is going well.