Notices

Question About Relapse

Old 06-26-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you had a "relapse"..you would now be in a month long bender that you have described. Your sobriety date is still the same. Just don't risk it by smoking dope. Not worth it.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

From your description of the first incident it sounds like a no to the relapse. You inadvertently got a contact high and if it would have ended there I would say you are ok. But you liked the feeling and purposely sought out someone smoking weed so you could have them blow it in your face to get you high. That is a relapse in my book for sure. If you are in AA than you know that alcoholism isn't at all about drinking but about your thinking and how you deal with life. But it sounds like you have discussed this with your sponsor and they know your situation better than any of us so ultimately I would say go with their advice and good luck in your journey forward!
Old 06-26-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

Originally Posted by waynetheking View Post
If you had a "relapse"..you would now be in a month long bender that you have described. Your sobriety date is still the same. Just don't risk it by smoking dope. Not worth it.
What does this mean? For someone to relapse you think they have to drink for a month long?

One drink or taking one pill, as not prescribed by your doctor, or taking one hit off a pipe are all relapses because you are taking those action to change how you feel. Pretty cut and dry for me but everyone has their own way of interpreting things.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hellrzr View Post
What does this mean? For someone to relapse you think they have to drink for a month long?

One drink or taking one pill, as not prescribed by your doctor, or taking one hit off a pipe are all relapses because you are taking those action to change how you feel. Pretty cut and dry for me but everyone has their own way of interpreting things.
Which is why the Op had better be careful about sharing this in a meeting. Although it's his call you can be sure it's going to illicit a strong reaction from other members.

Inventory taking - #1 pastime in aa.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post

Inventory taking - #1 pastime in aa.
Why do we say that we don't do the things that we do?

I'm not suppose to be taking others inventory
but, there I go again.

MB